Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Holiday Collage

Here is a card using the full die cut from Tutti Designs called Holiday Collage. The other day I only used a portion of the die cut but today's card shows off the whole design of it. I used a shim to get it to cut all the little details.



I took the red card stock die cut and placed it on some Sparkle N Sprinkle Super Adhesive Sheet which is a sheet that has a sticky surface on both sides. But first I removed one side of the sticky paper before placing the red die cut onto it. Next I took some silver glitter and sprinkled that all over the surface and with my fingers burnished it into the die cut open areas.

Once I had the glitter burnished in well I then trimmed around the edges with my scissors and then removed the back piece of paper to reveal the sticky surface.  I carefully aligned this panel onto the white card base. I did not quite get it aligned perfectly and once you have it adhered it is stuck for good. So I just left it even if it does have a bit larger white margin showing on the right side.

I am entering this in the Scrapy Land Challenge #106-Anything Goes.

Well, we did get to 30 below zero last night and today we have a high of about 20 below. I am not minding it though as I am staying put inside. I hope all others who were in this deep freeze are faring okay too.

Thanks for the visit and as always the nice comments.

God bless,
Verna

12 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely sparkly card, Verna and what a great die cut. Hope you manage to keep warm in the extremely cold weather you are experiencing. xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

The burnished glitter looks great. The red and silver is stunning. Stay warm Verna!

Leslie Miller said...

So there it is in all its glory and what a great die it is! I still think you could use those other two parts on their own, as well. It looks so pretty in red on silver glitter. That's a good technique for adding sparkle to the background, plus an easy way to adhere the die cut. Thanks for the inspiration, Verna. I'm glad to hear you're staying home safe and warm.

Dawn S. said...

What a beautiful card! The die cut is so pretty and the glitter gives it such great sparkle!

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is beautiful, Verna! It looks so pretty and sparkly! Great die-cut! You're doing an awesome job getting ahead with your Christmas cards!

Carol L said...

What a fun way to use this die with all that glitter! Love the red and silver together for a beautiful Christmas card!

laurie said...

How beautiful! The glitter ans sparkle is so festive!

Inkyfingers said...

What a cheerful festive design Verna and I love all the gorgeous shimmer. What's Christmas without a little sparkle!
I can't believe how cold it is for you - stay safe!
Hugs
Carol x

cardscookiecarrotcake said...

Beautiful! I love the sparkled background against the red die cut, very festive.

Greta said...

What a great die--totally makes the card! Love your choice of glittery paper behind the red!

Mac Mable said...

Sorry I missed this Verna...I don't think I saw it in my inbox...Strange!
I am so glad that I didn't miss it..What a stunning card. The die cut is so intricate and fabulous. I can see now how you used part of it on the other post, which was a very clever idea. Wonderful how you did the silver loose glitter and boy is this a stand out card...love it x

Lisa said...

So pretty! I love all of the sparkle! Love this!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...