Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Back To Christmas Cards

I am getting back to making Christmas cards as I want to fulfill my monthly commitment to make cards for that season. So with that in mind I pulled out this never before used stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle to create a winter scene,


I stamped the scene with Gina K. Designs Fresh Asparagus ink and then proceeded to color in the trees with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. I also added more white to the snowy portions on the tree with a white paint pen. The sky was blended in with Gina K. Designs various shades of blue using the Life Changing Blending Brushes.  And again I used the white paint pen for the snow flakes in the sky. The sentiment was from another Sparkle N Sprinkle stamp set. I die cut the panel with an Unknown scalloped stitch die before laying it onto a panel of Fresh Asparagus card stock. I finished the card by adding it to a white card base.

Stamps sets used:
Sparkle N Sprinkle Tree Scene Stamp
Sparkle N Sprinkle Winter Greetings Bird & Wreath

Well, back to making more Christmas cards. Thanks for the visits and wonderful comments.

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a peaceful scene you've created on your wonderful card, great colouring too x.

Greta said...

What a pretty scene with a gorgeous sky!

Carol L said...

Beautiful coloring on this one Verna, and what a great scene you've created! Love the banner between the snow-covered trees!

Shona Erlenborn said...

A beautiful peaceful scene! Great coloring Verna!

Lisa Babitz said...

You created a beautiful, winter scene here.

Judy Woodland said...

Such a pretty card. I love what you have done with those trees, and your night sky is magnificent!!! Beautifully done, my friend!!

Joyce Erb said...

Beautiful scene and love the coloring.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I especially like the little banner in this set. Very fun. I always like how you use the scallop edge and then border it with a straight edge. It looks very nice.

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, your scene turned out beautiful! I assumed the trees were a solid stamp, but I see you colored them. Nice! A lovely snowy night sky, too. Very peaceful!

KT Fit Kitty said...

You're getting lots of Christmas cards made this month, Verna! You're way ahead of me! Love your beautiful trees and gorgeous sky!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is beautiful! So serene - just my kind of card!

Lisa said...

This is a great card! Love that pretty blue sky and that you added a bit to the snow too..

Dandi93 said...

Beautiful card Verna, great trees

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...