Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Birthday Wishes

I saw where the Impression Obsession Challenge is for the theme Birthday Wishes. I am always needing a lot of birthday cards for my family and friends so I decided to make a CAS design for that occasion.


I had to try out some new dies that I received recently and so I die cut the balloons out of some foiled papers I had previously done so that they resembled the Mylar type. I also used a new frame design and a new sentiment on it as well to make a simple birthday design that would work for any age or gender.

Supplies used are:
Impression Obsession Checkered Frames DIE805-YY
Impression Obsession Balloons DIE359R
Impression Obsession Mini Messages3 CL653
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Foiled Papers
Ecstacy Crafts Sticky Specks

Well, so nice to get a little card making in this week. I hope your week is going well too.

God bless,
Verna

12 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful and happy card. The balloons look great with the foil paper and that framed die cut is fabulous too x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I like this card! The shiny foil balloons really catch your eye. What a fun card!

Leslie Miller said...

Those balloons sure do look like Mylar! You even have a patterned one. You can never have too many birthday cards on hand because, sure enough, there will be a time you're short and don't have time to make one. I like the checkered frame, too!

Lisa Babitz said...

This is a great card design. Love your shiny balloons!

Lori Kobular said...

Awesome Birthday card! I just got that checkered frame from Impression Obesession but I haven't used it yet! After seeing your card I think I have to make something with it today!

Brenda in IN said...

That's a great idea to use the foil for the balloons. They look so pretty and shiny. Great card for any age or gender.

Carol L said...

This is the perfect design for birthday cards to keep on hand as they work for kids, and/or adults! Love that frame with those pretty balloons!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thanks for the info about where to get the sticky specks. I also wanted to say that I think it is fine not to have Yupo. You can get similar results from glossy paper with alcohol inks. Sometimes it is easier to be creative when you have less supplies than more!

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card. I love the foiled balloon. One came never have too many birthday cards.

Patti said...

HI Verna : ) I really like the use of foil paper for the balloons! sweetest birthday card someone will LOVE!

stampingbowd said...

What a great birthday card for the IO challenge! I really love seeing the checkered frame!! It's so fun that you die cut shiny balloons!

Dandi93 said...

Fun birthday card Verna, the foil does resemble Mylar balloons... Love the checkered frame

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...