Thursday, April 4, 2019

Thinking Spring!

With Spring in mind on a dreary day I made this card with the use of a stencil and some stamps. I hope it reminds you of Spring as well. I also used some dies with it. And I am delighted with the outcome.


The first thing I did was to take my white card stock panel and with the Gina K. Design Art Stencil called Foliage added colors using two shades of green ink. I used my Life Changing Blending Brushes. After I had the design all blended in the way I wanted it I lifted the stencil and moved it just a shade and then added more very light green to make a shadow effect with the foliage.

My flowers and the sentiment were from the Gina K. Designs A Happy Hello set. I stamped the flowers in various shades of pink and with a small blending brush added a different shade of pink to each blossom. I had the stamps in my Misti so it was very easy to add more color with perfect alignment.

I cut out the stenciled background with a Gina K. Designs Large Single Stitched Rectangle Die. I placed that panel on to a layer of darker pink and then in turn placed that onto a white card base. I was ready then to add the fussy cut blossoms to the card and I placed them randomly on the foliage design. Next I added a pink rhinestone gem to each of them. I felt that something was still missing so I die cut a My Favorite Things Die-Namics Stitched Rectangle Scalloped Frame in the same pink card stock and placed that also onto the white card base.

Here is a photo showing a close up of the stencil and flowers so that you can see the blending a little better. I wanted to get an ombre look and I think this was successful with the method I used.


I am entering this in the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge-Ombre Ink Blending. And also in the following challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge-Stencil Your Background
Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge #25-Springtime

Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you are having a great day.

God bless,
Verna

18 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

This is an awesome card Verna that brings a big smile to my face. I love how you shifted the stencil to create the shadow effect and the blending is beautiful.
Hugs
Carol x

Patti said...

Sweet Spring!! nothing as delightful as a springtime card on a cloudy day my friend!

(Hugs)

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty card, full of vibrant colour and such a beautiful design. I love the way you did the background stencilling with the shades of green. Great blending of colours on your beautiful card Verna x

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, Verna! I'm delighted with it, too! It's one of the prettiest things I've seen this week. The stencil is just beautiful and I noticed right off the lighter green edges. The flowers are perfect with it, the positioning of everything is spot on. I just love it!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Well you nailed this one. Loving all the beautiful shading that you achieved. This really is a beauty Verna!

Rosy Newlun said...

This card design is so beautiful I have spit pooling up in my mouth. Better than drooling on my pillow :) You really outdid yourself on this, Verna! Spring HAS to arrive soon!

Barbara said...

Verna,
Your card is beautiful! I appreciate your in-depth directions as to how you achieved this. Gorgeous spring-time card, truly eye candy!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! fabulous use of the stencil, Verna, and beautiful colors. Your dancing, layered flowers are especially playful, but it is your pink layers that really bring out the DELIGHTFULNESS of spring! So sweet and darling. The flowers remind me of my nearly-year-round periwinkles! They only die back if there is a freeze, and even then, depending how many hours they are frozen, many of them continue blooming! hugs, de

Darnell said...

You should be delighted, Verna! The stamping, dies, and stencil all played together perfectly on this pretty and colorful design! You've brought springtime into all our homes with this card! Enjoy your weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

KT Fit Kitty said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the flowers - your ink blending is beautiful! Love these colours too!

Barbara said...

Love this one Verna, It's a winner for sure. Good luck!

Judy Woodland said...

This card is just fabulous. I love how you have textured the stenciling for that dimension. Perfect idea!! Wonderful stenciling here, and great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!


Vicki Dutcher said...

So Spring pretty! Fabulous job with the stencils too

Ina G said...

Simply beautiful Verna. Certainly a springy look here with those pretty ombre flowers and lovely touch with the shadows on the leaves. Great idea to shift the stencil a smidgen.

laurie said...

This is stunning..the flowers just pop..so pretty!

Lisa said...

Another beauty! Love that technique with the stencil and leaves... such a beautiful effect.. and those flowers... perfect! The whole thing just makes me smile!

Dandi93 said...

Absolutely gorgeous Verna, fresh spring colors and great sketch....

Mindy Eggen Design said...

you knocked it out of the park with this one! Gorgeous card and blending. thank you for entering the Gina K Designs monthly challenge. Hugs!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...