Friday, April 5, 2019

Stenciled Background

While looking at my stencils I spotted this one from the Crafters Companion Sheena Douglas Collection called Burst and immediately I could see that it would work great for an Easter card with the rays flowing off of a cross design. So I dug out my no longer in business favorite cross die from Top Dog Dies and used it with the burst design to make this card.


On white card stock I laid the burst stencil down and taped it so it would be secure and then I took Deco Foil Transfer Gel and with a palette knife smoothed it over the stencil design. Then I carefully removed the stencil and while the gel was still wet I added Sparkle N Sprinkle Sunny Daze glitter. I thought it was the perfect choice to represent the rays for this Easter design. Before working further on the card I then washed off the knife and the stencil before the gel got too dry.

Next I took the cross die and cut the upper layer in white card stock and the lower layer out of gold glitter paper. I attached them together and then added some light purple rhinestones before laying it onto the white panel. This panel was then added to a Lilac card base. My sentiment die is from Impression Obsession and is called Easter Joy. It was die cut with white and also the gold glitter paper. I placed them slightly out of alignment to give a shadow look and then placed them onto the Lilac card stock and then hand cut around them for an additional layer before adding it to my card design.

Below is a close  up so that you can see all the shimmer and shine with all the glitter used on this card. I was so pleased with it's beauty and I think it makes a wonderful Easter card.


I am entering this in the Mod Squad Challenge in which we are to stencil a background. This card also works for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

Thanks for visiting. I think I have all my Easter cards done now and will be sending them out soon. Time to get working on other cards. You have a wonderful weekend. Take care until next time.

God bless,
Verna

11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely stunning Verna....A real wow factor with that stunning burst of rays. Love how you've used the glitter, the offsetting of the die cut sentiment, the amazing cross die cut and the pretty colour combination. I think this is one stand out card and makes a wonderful and special Easter Card x

Carol L said...

This is a wonderful mix of colors, elements and design and makes for the perfect Easter card! Love the touch of sparkle to make it festive!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous card for Easter! Such beautiful stencilling!

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is stunning Verna. Love all the sparkle - you should enter this in the SNS creative challenge. Gorgeous make for sure!

Barbara said...

Best combination of dies and stencil for this card. Makes a really sweet Easter card.

Patti said...

Stunning Verna! I love the design, colors and the sparkle!! What a tremendous way to celebrate Jesus!!

Judy Woodland said...

Another beauty. I love that sun ray stenciling behind the cross. A perfect Easter card!!! Glad you could play along with us once again over at The Mod Squad.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow (first word that came to mind)!! This is a burst of gorgeousness, Verna!

laurie said...

I just love all the shimmer and shine...so beautiful for Easter!

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous! I love the layout... the rays with that cross... awesome! And I do believe I need that IO die... love the font! And fantastic job capturing all of the sparkle in your picture!

Dandi93 said...

Stunning Easter card Verna, the sparkle is amazing. Love the rays of light

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...