Friday, April 12, 2019

Throw Back Friday

I am not making cards right now but I read where someone else was looking at things they had made in the past so I looked at my older creations and found one I always liked which is a darling little scene using the image from Sutter Enterprises stamps. It is a perfect Spring design too.


And here is another one I did for Rubber Stampede when I was asked to make cards for them. It was sort of like a designer position as I filled in by making cards for them to display when they had shows. Their regular designers were busy with other things and they were in short supply of samples. In turn they gave me the stamps to work with so I could make cards. At that time I made my own background papers by using stamps. I think this is a cute card myself. LOL No dies either so it was all fussy cutting.


So just for fun I thought I would share these with you. These were taken with a scanner bed before I had a camera. So they may not be so great! We had sun for a bit and now it was spitting snow again. Ahhh! Spring can be a fickle creature I guess. LOL

Take care and have a great weekend.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

What a beautiful card! I love that stamp that you used, it is so sweet!

Leslie Miller said...

It's fun to see these older cards. The fawn is sweet and the cat so cute and funny. I'm sure I have some Rubber Stampede stamps. I remember when I got my very first digital camera, and it was all just so I could take pictures of cards. Never went back after that!

Donna Ellis said...

They are beautiful, Verna! I, too, enjoy looking back - both to see what techniques I used to use, or what images brought me soulful joy in the process. Thanks for sharing these beauties, they truly are lovely! hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

Golden oldies for sure! I like the frames you did without dies and your fish background paper! So much fun!

laurie said...

It's fun to see some of your older cards...both are awesome! I really like that fish backgound!

Mac Mable said...

So good to take a look at previous creations. A darling of a first card and what fabulous fussy cutting and stamping on the second x. Yes Spring is being fickle my end too x

Inkyfingers said...

These are lovely creations Verna and I love your stamped fish paper!!!. Your old cards stand the test of time but I have to confess that I would be reluctant to show some of my early attempts at creativity lol!
Hope the storm has passed and you had a great weekend.
Hugs
Carol x

Carol L said...

It's fun to re-visit the past creations we've made and these are both cute! I often search through my old cards for new ideas as well :) TFS!

Greta said...

Fun to look back & especially when you find cards you still like! These are both lovely!

Dandi93 said...

Cute cards and it is always fun to look back... Awesome job with the fussy cutting

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...