Monday, April 8, 2019

Christmas Angel

I have another card for you in which I incorporated watercoloring. Only this time I made a background with blues and purples using my Color Bursts. And then simply stamped on some silhouette stamps with Black Onyx Versafine ink. But those silhouettes are awesome. And, the best thing is that I got this Inkdadinkadoo stamp set called Christmas Silhouettes in a clearance area and only paid one dollar for the whole set of five wonderful images.



I know I will be using this set a lot more. It came in the mail today and I just had to do a quick card with some of the images. It took longer to get the background done then to do the card. Once I had my panel stamped I then die cut it with an Unbranded stitched scalloped rectangle die. After adding it to a layer of Wild Lilac card stock it was finished by adding it to a white card base.

I am entering this in the Double D's Challenge-Watercolor.

Thanks for the visits and comments. So until next time have wonderful days.

God bless,
Verna

18 comments:

Greta said...

Really beautiful, Verna! Think I have that stamp set & need to use it!

Barbara said...

What! Only a dollar for all five. Great buy, and a great card for Christmas. One that you could mass produce and make a lot of them.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful....love your results!
x Karen

Donna Ellis said...

I love Inkadinkadoo stamps - your starry, snowflake-laden trumpeter is gorgeous against your beautiful background, Verna! hugs, de

Darlene said...

Beautiful water color background for this sweet silhouette! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Watercolor’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is gorgeous Verna! Love the beautiful background - just perfect for the silhouette stamps!

Donna Heber said...

I love the colors and blending on your background. Very pretty card.

Patti said...

Really stunning Verna!! wowie : )

Judy Woodland said...

How beautiful, Verna! I love that gorgeous water color background, and your silhouetted image just pops here. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!


Leslie Miller said...

This kind of Inkadinkado stamp set is so beautiful. They have several along these lines. How perfect this is on your Color Burst background, and nice that you played along at Double D!

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty and unique background and so perfect for that beautiful silhouette x What a bargain you had? Looking forward to seeing more cards with the stamp set x.

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Verna! Now that’s a deal...can’t wait to see what you create next!

scrappymo! said...

Love your beautiful background! It looks great with this angel stamp.

I picked up that same set of Inkadinkadoo stamps at our local Dollarama store! $1.25 what a bargain they were!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Just beautiful, Verna! Gorgeous stamp (what a bargain!) and such a pretty background!

Lisa Babitz said...

(Hoping I fixed the problem I was having with my comments and that this actually posts...)

Your angel image looks amazing on your beautiful background. The snowflake spray has a similar feel to the "splotches" of color from the color bursts. And the black really pops against the blues and purples. Love this!

Carol L said...

This is a real stunner with that great background! I just LOVE the colors with that star-studded angel image!

Lisa said...

Well, this is beautiful! Fantastic watercoloring with your color bursts... I know I had a lot of fun getting mine out again. And what a fantastic deal on some awesome images... love!

Dandi93 said...

Gorgeous card and background Verna, these silhouettes work beautifully with it

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...