Thursday, April 25, 2019

Galaxy Christmas

The Mod Squad Challenge was to use  Stars and/or Galaxy for our entries this time around. So I decided to use a galaxy and use it for a Christmas card. I am a bit on the fence as to whether I like it though but never the less the deed is done. See what you think?


I used Andirondack alcohol inks and glossy card stock to make the galaxy and then while it was still a bit damp I added some Sparkle N Sprinkle Gold Detail embossing powder and  heat set it but tried to leave an open area where I wanted to add the deer design. I wiped a anti-static bag across the surface and then stamped the deer with Versamark. Since I had it in my Misti I did this a couple times so that the design would be well inked onto that glossy panel. Then I added the EP and heat set it. The deer design is from the Inkadinkado Christmas Silhouettes stamp set.

Next I die cut the panel with an Unknown Brand scalloped stitched die and then placed it onto a gold panel. Well, actually it was a white panel but I took some Versamark ink and swiped along the edges and then added gold EP and heat set it so that it would match. The final touch was to add this design to a Gina K. Designs Plum Punch card base.

I think I got a little too much EP on the panel but it does look nice when the light hits it. I don't think I will be making any more like this though.

I plan to be back again later today perhaps with another post. So stay tuned. LOL

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I like it, I think you made the perfect choice with the hot pink card base, it makes it look festive with the gold embossing powder. Good job with the background, I hadn’t tried that with the alcohol inks yet.

Mac Mable said...

Such an eye catching and unique card. I love all the gold and embossing....please make more like this, as this one is very striking x. The alcohol inks look great and what a fantastic image x

Leslie Miller said...

Verna, it's gorgeous! I thought that right away, so you can put your doubts to rest. Beautiful stamp, and I love the galaxy panel mounted on a purple card base.

Lisa Babitz said...

I love this! The background is wonderful and looks perfect behind your deer image.

laurie said...

A WOW card for sure! I love all the gold and that background is awesome!

Carol L said...

The gold looks remarkable with that great background and the raspberry colored card base! Well done!

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love it, Verna! Your galaxy background looks amazing! I have this stamp too, such a cool way to use it! Love your creativity!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

What's not to like here? A gorgeous background and lots of gold - looks good to me!

Lisa said...

I absolutely love this! So very cool!

Dandi93 said...

I think the purple and gold are striking together and I love your galaxy background...

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...