Monday, January 23, 2017

Eggs-traordinary

Another wonderful set that has eggs as the main focal design from Sparkle N Sprinkle. My sister-in-law raises chickens and she gets the most colorful eggs from them. So my eggs are the colors that she often collects each day. And, when they need someone to do their chores while they are gone away we often do them in exchange for some eggs.



Usually we get an assortment of light green, white, brown and sometimes almost a light blue egg. So I colored my eggs with lots of different colors too! The design was originally stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on white card stock and then I colored the image in with my Copics. I also used the Copics to color in a light blue all around the design. The Sparkle and Sprinkle stamp set I used is Eggs-traordinary Kindness #825.



I die cut the image out with a Die-namics MFT-843 Wonky Stitched Oval die. I then placed it onto plaid pattern paper from My Favorite Things.The base card is white card stock and I covered the front of it completely with the pattern paper. The sentiment is one I got off an older retired Sparkle N Sprinkle set as I want this to be a birthday card.

This is the first time this set of stamps has seen an inking so this is in the category of NBUS for sure. So with that in mind I will be entering this in Darnell's 2nd Week NBUS challenge.  I did not follow the theme this time as it was optional but I might try to do one using her theme later on.


Well, another day in the new week is almost done. Before I know it the week will be over again. But I guess that is why they say time flies when you are having fun. And, this my friends was indeed fun to do. I hope you are having a great day as well. Thanks for all the wonderful comments too.

God bless,
Verna

12 comments:

Citra p said...

Helo.... nice to visit your blog. You are nice blogger

Shona Erlenborn said...

You've colored this so well Verna! Nothing like home-grown eggs, right? I remember our used to lay different colors of eggs too. Great background with the wonky oval die cut!

Karen Dunbrook said...

super sweet card...sure your sister will love it!
the gingham paper is perfectly paired with the image.
xxKaren

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! What a fantastic card, V! I love the soft colors in the eggs, and such a wonderful use of the background paper - it feels like a farmy morning, with roosters crowing, and someone busy in the kitchen with fresh eggs from the coop! Beautifully done, Verna! hugs, de

Barbara said...

Love the background paper with this design and the perfect coloring on the eggs. A great card for your sister in law.

Judy Woodland said...

What an adorable stamp set. I love what you have done with it - the colors are amazing, as is your coloring. Beautiful card!!! LOVE the plaid too.

Unknown said...

LOVE that plaid background, perfect choice for your egg images! Nothing like a fresh, fresh egg! FAB card!

Kathy Krug said...

wonderful design. the paper is perfect for this cute stamp. Great coloring.













Nancy said...

EGG-ceptional card! Honestly Verna! I love it!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very neat stamp and I do like how you colored it. I like the eggs from farms with the wonderful colors. The plaid background paper is a nice choice for this :)

Darnell said...

What a very fun and colorful card, Verna! (Love the plaid!) I don't remember the color of the fresh eggs from when I was a kid and went to grandpa's (and I should), but a couple of years ago the Mister and I went on a weekend getaway up the coast and we stayed at this little place with sweet cabins. There were chickens kept there for all to see and visit and every morning a basket of fresh eggs was left for us on the porch. I was so amazed to see the hues and, yes, there were stunning light green ones! We almost hated to crack them! So thank you for bringing back memories of that great weekend and thank you for playing again in my NBUS challenges! Hugs, Darnell

Unknown said...

Wow, another great card Verna. Love the whole thing. Yes, remember the eggs as well. :)

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...