Tuesday, January 31, 2017

National Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day

Part of Darnell's NBUS challenge (Never Before Used Schtuff) this week was to do a card using a design that would represent a special day in the year. Well, Darnell chose to do National Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day for her card so I decided I would do the same. But I chose to  use some big bubbles which came with an order from Gina K. Designs. And, for the first time I am using a new set of stamps which was a collaboration between Gina K. Designs and Unity Stamps called You Had Me At Hello.


The bubble wrap was sticky on one side so I simply adhered it to an acrylic block and then added the colors of my ink using Gina K. Designs Black and Red Velvet inks. It was then ready to stamp the design.


Here is the background I made with those big bubbles. And, I used the mini ink cubes so that I could do each diagonal line with different colors.


This background was cut down to the size I wanted and then I added it to a layer of Red Velvet card stock. I used a red ribbon with white dots and over it added a black and white gingham ribbon and added this combination to the layer design. I then fastened this panel to the white card stock base.

On a separate piece of white card stock I stamped the heart image with Red Velvet ink and then added the sentiment inside that with the black ink. This was then fussy cut and popped up over the ribbons. The last step for the card was to add some red and black rhinestones.


I hope you used this type of a challenge to use some of that NBUS elements you have in your stash too. I know it has been an inspiration to me to get more things inky.

Well, I am so happy to be able to post my photos. Although I cannot find the program I was using before so I could not resize them. Perhaps one of these days I might find a solution for that too. Until next time take care and thanks for the wonderful comments.

God bless,
Verna

22 comments:

Bunny said...

Yay for you for trying the bubble wrap! Great Valentine's card.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Cute idea for the background Verna! Thanks for sharing!

scrappymo! said...

This is so cool.Those big bubble wrap shapes look like balls of wool. It would be fun to fussy cut some extras and toss them together and lay some knitting needle toothpicks across!
Wonderful card!

Barbara Bruder said...

Verna, What a cool card. I would have never thought to use bubble wrap like you did. I am going to give that a shot. Your Valentine card is very pretty.

Nan G said...

Love your use of the large bubble dots/wrap. My kitty (T) likes to pop those so she gets first dibs on any I get. ;) Thanks for dropping my blog. Hugs

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful card, Verna! Such a cool bubble wrap technique!

Kathy Mc said...

Oh how cute, Verna! I guess I'm going to have to try the bubble wrap technique. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!

Milka Gubo said...

Verna your card is awesome!! Have to try this bubble wrap technique. :o) Thank you for leaving me sweet comment on my blog. :o) Have a wonderful day. :o)

Lia said...

Hi Verna, thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog. You are a great cardmaker!
Lia xx

Carole said...

Fabulous card Verna...that background is super with the large bubble wrap!. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.

Craftychris said...

I am loving your bubble wrap background, it's soooo cool! That large bubblewrap is fab, so is your card! xxx

Unknown said...

Would have never thought of that. Super. Love the idea and card.

Marlena M. said...

Fantastic look Verna! You worked this technique in seamlessly~

AlisonC said...

The big bubbles wrap give a lovely amount of interest in the inking. Great idea. I do like the look of your card.

Mac Mable said...

So creative, such fun and a fabulous card x

Kathy Krug said...

I love how you jump in and try everything. I am sure this was fun to do and it provided a great background.

Miranda Taylor said...

I have a new obsession with bubble wrap! My husband has some of the large bubble wrap in his packing materials and now I will have to steal...I mean borrow some. I love what you did with this card. The background resembles a flower behind the heart.

laurie said...

What a clever girl you are!!!This turned out awesome!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very fun card~

Unknown said...

That came out pretty cool, makes for a great background! Pretty Valentine card!

Peanut said...

Oh this is soooo clever! That colour combo is one of my faves too.
x Asha

Darnell said...

Those big bubbles made an incredible background, Verna! I love that you simply inked them and used them as a stamp! EZPZ! You then created a really gorgeous Valentine's Day card!! Thank you very much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #10! Hugs, Darnell

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...