Sunday, January 22, 2017

Milton The Friendly Giraffe

Another wonderful stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle features the cutest giraffe image I have seen in a long time. I love the sentiments on the set too and can see this as a card of inspiration for someone graduating, starting a new job or beginning any kind of adventure in their life. And, I can also see this image for a baby card or a birthday card image especially for a little boy. The set is called Milton the Friendly Giraffe #817.


Doesn't he just make you smile? I know I was so happy doing this little scene. The background of the card was done with a direct to paper method using stamp pads to swipe on the inks. I did half in blue shades and half in green shades. And, on a white sheet of card stock I stamped Milton and the sentiments with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. That is a great ink to use when one colors with Copics or any type of alcohol markers. It will not smear. I only have a 36 piece of Copics but with blending I can achieve lots of different colors.

The most time consuming thing was all the fussy cutting I did of Milton and the sentiment clouds.  I cut the background out with the largest Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Borders die and placed this on an A2 size card of white card stock. Lastly with a glue pen I adhered Milton and the clouds onto that background to complete my scene.


I feel so fortunate to have received so many wonderful sets as a gift so my goal is to make at least one card using images from each set.  I still have one last set to work with and I am hoping to do that later this week.

Thanks for coming to visit again and as always I love to see your comments. Take care and may all of you have a wonderful week.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Liz said...

What a super card! The giraffe is just adorable. xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

You go girl! Milton is standing tall and proud on this gorgeous card! Love the background and the sentiment clouds. Such a cute card!

Rosy Newlun said...

You FUSSY cut Milton and the clouds? He has so many thin details!!! Thud! I am clapping for you because that is amazing!!!! And yes, he is DARLING! He's kinda lanky looking but so sweet! I can see the stitched frame around the scene and your direct to paper turned out beautifully, too! Aloha sweet Verna!

Donna Ellis said...

Your fussy cutting is impeccable, Miss Verna! Lovely card design. I am in love the Milton and all of Beccy's giraffs. So cute and uplifting, they always bring a smile to my face! huggers, de

Unknown said...

He is super cute! We love giraffes in my house! Great card, love the easy design!

Unknown said...

Great fussy cutting. Am glad you are enjoying the copics. Love to colour and watch things come to life on the paper with he markers. Again a cute one that pops for a smile.

Rushd Lady said...

What a cutie and that background is great, Verna!

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOL - How cute is he! Love those knees :)

Judy Woodland said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I am in LOVE with Milton...he is so stinkin' CUTE!!! You have done him proud with this card, it's simply awesome!!!

Nancy said...

OH,...I love giraffes!!! Super cute Verna!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...