Thursday, January 19, 2017

Edward Elephant Part 2

Today I made another card with the Edward Elephant image but this time it was made from the rubber set which compliments the digital version quite well. I can see especially where the sentiments would be interchangeable between the two sets. Both of these are from the Sparkle N Sprinkle line of stamps. The rubber set is called Edward Elephant St. Patrick's Day 1 #828.


I stamped the image onto white card stock with Mementos black ink and then colored it in with my small set of Copics. Once the scene was completed I die cut it with the Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Borders die. I also cut a black panel and another light green panel with that same Memory Box die.

All of these layers were assembled and added to a base card of white card stock. The last thing I did was stamp the sentiment on white card stock with the black ink and then again added a spot of color to the shamrock. I fussy cut it out and to my way of thinking it sort of resembles a cloud in the sky. I also stamped a sentiment inside so that it is already for me to mail out.



This is another fun and very uplifting and cheery design and I know anyone who is on the receiving end of this will get a few smiles from it.

Well, another day is almost over and the week is speeding by so very fast. But it has been a good one so I am very thankful and am feeling so blessed. I hope your week is going well too. And thanks for the wonderful comments you always leave me.

God bless,
Verna


10 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your card is charming! The image is sweet and I think you colored it perfectly!

Barbara said...

Really cute St Patrick's day card. You are waaaay ahead. I don't eve do this holiday, but this stamp set is very tempting. My week was good too.

Unknown said...

More than a few smiles, he is just so delightful in everyway! I love your coloring ad design. He makes me HAPPY!

Donna Ellis said...

Just adorable! I love those pierced layers, and the bright colors, Verna! My favorite part is his little gold digging buddy! LOL Very pretty design, V! xo

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great card Verna! You've colored Edward brilliantly along with his little pal! Love the cloud sentiment too. The framework is awesome - you picked great colors.

Kathy Krug said...

How cute this guy with his side kick. Fun card.

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, St. Paddy's Day?? Really?? Well that means it closer to spring. Your card is so stinkin' cute, I love every thing about it. Great design....well done!

Virginia L. said...

This card is such a smile-maker, Verna! I love the layering and the green that you did!! That cloud-in-the-sky sentiment is perfect! The receiver is so lucky to have this darling card!

Karen Dunbrook said...

too cute mf...made my smile!
xx Karen

Unknown said...

He is so cute. Perfect for St. Paddy's day.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...