Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Friendship Card

I think there is always a time in everyone's life where they feel very down and out and need someone to be there for them. When I saw this wonderful set from Sparkle N Sprinkle I thought it had such awesome sentiments as well as great images to let someone know that you are there for them. And, even if one cannot be there in person for a friend, I know that just keeping in touch can help a great deal to perk them up. For me my greatest friend is my Lord Jesus and He is always with me when I am in a dark moment. I have to remind myself of that quite often too! And I usually feel much better then.


I did a very clean and simple design using the images on the Sparkle N Sprinkle set called Right Beside You #812. This is one of the new release sets they have out. And, I chose to do it only in black and white. I have always found black and white to be a very beautiful combination. I stamped the images and sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink on white card stock. Now these are a very wet ink so I let them dry quite awhile while I was fixing lunch this morning. Then this afternoon I die cut the front panel out using the Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Borders die set.

I then added some ribbon to each corner of the design before I fastened it to the main card base of black card stock. The card was finished by adding a white panel inside.

I will be entering this in the Double D's Blog Challenge which continues their party celebration for their first birthday. This card fit the mood board theme perfectly I thought with the black and white design.


I thank all of you for visiting my blog and I hope your day is going great. We really are having lovely weather with melting snow. And, I had the beegeebies scared out of me when a big chunk of snow slid off the roof of the house. I know it sure startled me and made me pay attention. LOL

Take care and may God bless,
Verna

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect! I adore that sentiment and you are correct, anyone would love to receive this beauty! Love the silhouette of trees and swing and friends. Great design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, Donna, DT Member.

Darlene said...

Oh Verna this is just awesome! What a fabulous creation to uplift anyone's spirits! Yes, we all need the comfort of knowing there is someone there for us! Wonderful job my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘BLACK & WHITE’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Liz said...

A gorgeous card with a lovely image and such a beautiful sentiment. Love the ribbon on the corners. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Verna it's a beautiful classy card, love the silhouette and sentiment. {aNNie}
BIG thank you for joining in our challenge again, many luck for the draw.xx Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a great sentiment, and the black and white challenge is the perfect place to use this. Very pretty images and arrangement of the stamps.

Rosy Newlun said...

That is stunning, beautiful, and the sentiment makes me want to cry. I love your entire design and someone is going to have their heart hugged when opening the envelope to this!!!!!

Martina said...

I do really like this card with an encouraging sentiment.

Kathy Krug said...

This card reminds me of times past when sitting on a swing and enjoying. I enjoyed it when I was six and when I was 16 and when I was twenty-six. I probably would enjoy it again... going to go find a swing, Thanks for the memories. Great card by the way...and a great trip down memory lane.

Diane said...

Beautifully created card Verna and of course you know I love, love the verse and stamp!! Thank you for joining our challenge/celebration at Double D!!
Diane DD DT

Barbara said...

The sentiment on this card is so perfect, it needs no color. The black and white do it justice. I love your image of the tree swing as it does remind us of when we were younger and life was carefree.

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is stunning Verna! Always love black and white cards and the silhouette image is perfect for this.

Unknown said...

This is perfect. Glad to see it on a card, as looking at it. :)

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Just beautiful Verna. I love that tree with the swing and your wonderful ribbon.

laurie said...

The black and white is just perfect with this image! I can see why you bought the set..I think the sentiment is wonderful. Ant the gingham ribbon is so sweet!

Donna Ellis said...

Verna, I love what you have done with this set. Such a sweetness and sincerity. I like the way you tied the ribbon - the knot is placed perfectly. It is always a deep blessedness, a deep peaceful love, that we know we are never alone. It's a sacred delightedness to feel the special Presence with us every moment of the day. Loving you, de

Leslie Miller said...

This tugs at my heartstrings. You've illustrated one good reason for sending hand stamped cards. When I receive a card out of the blue, for no reason at all, I feel very special that I was in that person's thoughts and heart. What a lovely place to be. This is the most wonderful image and sentiment combination. Thanks for playing along with us at Double D, Verna. It's always good to see you.

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE black and white, and I love this stamp!!! Your card is awesome, well done!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is such a stunning card! Beautiful silhouette scene you have created with the gorgeous image. The gingham ribbon and bow are just perfect!
Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...