Thursday, January 12, 2017

Edward Elephant Part 1

One of the stamp sets I won at Sparkle N Sprinkle is a digital one. It is called Edward Elephant St. Patty's Day #2-Digital Stamp 3129.  Now I seldom use a digital stamp period not to mention a whole stamp set so a good portion of my time was spent on learning how to make use of this set. I hope I achieved that goal with this card design.


First of all using my computer and printer I did a copy and paste to a Word doc. and created a background sheet using the single clover. I then printed that out, sponged on some light blue color with a Tim Holtz tool and colored it in with Copics. I also did a copy and paste of the circle elephant image and repeated it several times so that I have more of the image printed out for future use. This was also colored with my Copics.

For the focal design I used a couple Cheery Lynn Designs circle dies to cut out the image and also a frame to layer it on. I also die cut the pattern paper and another outer layer using a die set from Die-Namics.

Once I had all the layers assembled and added to the base card of white card stock I added a ribbon bow and some light green rhinestone jewels in each corner.


There was a sufficient amount of the pattern paper left that I had created so I added it to a strip of darker green card stock and placed it inside the card. The last step was to add the sentiment.


Supplies Used:
Sparkle N Sprinkle Edward Elephant St. Patty's Day #2-Digital Stamp 3129.
Cheery Lynn Designs Dies: XMS XM Scalloped Circle; XL-4 Circle-Classic
Die-Namics Die MFT-567 Stitched Rounded Rectangle STA
Copic Markers
Crafter's Companion Glue Pen
Tim Holtz Sponging Tool
Rhinestones-Unknown
Ribbon-Unknown
Scor Pal

One can also print out a pre-colored Edward Elephant image but I chose to color my own version of him. It feels more like regular stamping and I do love to color anyway!

I am entering this card into the Mod Squad Blog Challenge in which we are to add some bling.

I thank you for stopping in and your comments always make me feel so good.

God bless,
Verna

12 comments:

Liz said...

Super card. I love the design and the elephant is adorable. xx

Donna Ellis said...

It looks AMAZING, Verna! Congratulations on your win, and in learning how to do so much with digital images! Your background paper and pretty border are beautifully done! It's your deep, vibrant coloring which has really captivated me! Hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

Well done Verna! I'm such a ditz when it comes to the digis! I should just get used to doing them more often - again such an inspiration to me! Your card is amazing!

Diane said...

Absolutely fabulous Verna...I love this sweet image myself and just did a digital with it tonight.. I also use word but I insert mine, it works but I have a lot to learn...lol!

Kathy Krug said...

Well, Edward is as cute as he can be. I love how you used the background paper and the focal image. Good for you to learn how to do something new. You mastered it first time out.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Totally CA-UTE! Love the layout, colors and the cute ellie! Well done~

Ina G said...

Simply adooooooorable Verna. You have done a fabulous job here. Gorgeous colours and layout.

Judy Woodland said...

Well this could not be any cuter. I love that little image so much, and your design is outstanding, as is your coloring. I really, really like everything about this card...well done!

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous job!! And you told me you didn't do digis. Your design looks amazing and love the coloring of Edward. Love that clover background paper too.

Unknown said...

Great job Verna. Have used lots of digital backgrounds but ones already done, not made by myself. Love that idea.

Rushd Lady said...

cute card!

Unknown said...

Okay he is just FUN and FAB! Love your coloring and that round sentiment too! Trunk full lol--PERFECT! Love the beautiful ribbon and your shamrocks and all of your added bling, looks like THIS is the Pot-O-Gold! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Blog, Donna, DT Member.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...