Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Retirement Congrats!

Two of the sets I won from Sparkle N Sprinkle go together for a party theme. With these sets I made a card of congratulations for a special gal who will be retiring soon. This is a set of stamps that can work for many celebratory occasions.


Since the one stamp is quite large I pulled out my MISTI so that if needed I could stamp it several times to get a good impression. Good thing I did as that was exactly what I had to do. Once I had my big square stamp design done using Memento black ink I then colored it in with Copic markers. After all the coloring was done I added a little sponging with Memento dark blue around the outer portion of the design to create more shadow and dimension.

Using two of the sentiments from the second set of stamps I placed them onto the main design. I also added three stars and colored them in with yellow. To add a bit of shimmer I added some Wink of Stella to all the stars. Now I was ready to place this onto a Cheery Lynn Designs square die and used this as a frame. By putting this onto a square base card of white card stock my card was complete.


Supplies used:
Sparkle N Sprinkle Party 1-Balloons #821 and Party 2-Sentiments #822
Cheery Lynn Designs DL315 Deutschland Square Doily
Scor Pal
Crafters Companion Glue Pen
Memento Tuxedo Black and Paris Dusk dye inks

I ended up with a card 4 1/4 x 4 1/4. I might have to make a special envelope for it or more than likely I will put it in a larger envelope and mail it that way as it would be a cheaper rate.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing this card I made. I know I really had fun creating it as well. Have a great evening now and thanks for visiting.

God bless,
Verna



8 comments:

Liz said...

Super card. The die cut square makes a perfect frame for the lovely image. xx

laurie said...

Awesome coloring...those balloons look so festive! What a fun card for retirement!

Rosy Newlun said...

I love all the colors - so happy and cheerful! And congrats on winning ♥ The frame really creates a lovely border around the cup cakes, balloons and stars !!!

Barbara said...

This is a fun card and I see that it worked well for a retirement card.
Love the party feel to a retirement. So many things to looks forward to as you retire. She is going to love this.

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, I adore that stamp. You lucky, lucky girl. I really like how you have colored it too, and it looks like it was so much fun. Your card is just grand, especially with that background die cut....perfect here. It's so stinkin' CUTE!!!! The recipient will LOVE it!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Fantastic card, Verna! XOXO

Ina G said...

Perfect Retirement card Verna with the cake and balloons. So colourful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful and bright. Make them happy to be retired. :)

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...