Thursday, January 5, 2017

Another Birthday Card

Today after I got some of my housework done I played again with foiling and once again used the card stock and supplies I already had on my work area to create a more clean and simple card design. But with a white embossed panel and with some gold foiling it turned out have a elegant look to it regardless.


For inspiration I once again took my design from elements listed in the Double D's Inspirational mood board photo. They are celebrating their one year birthday or anniversary. And the sentiment I chose for the card had only one candle on it so I thought it was a perfect choice.


I used some of the pre-printed toner sheets with sentiments on them that Gina K. Designs sells. The sentiment was die cut with a scalloped die and I also used a Deco Foil Toner sheet on which I die cut the outer circle. Before I added the foil to my sentiment piece though I colored in a portion of it with a peachy colored Copic marker. I wanted some color added to match the main card of Gina K. Designs Peach Bellini card stock.

My white embossed panel was done using a Cuttlebug embossing folder called Floral Fantasy. I thought it matched the design on the One image in the inspirational photo. After I had layered this to the main card I then proceeded to add the foiled sentiment design.


The final addition to the card was to add a double bow ribbon which had threads of gold running through it.

Dies used:
Cheery Lynn Designs XM-5 Scalloped Circle and XL-4 Circle-Classic
Other Supplies;
Gina K. Designs-Card stock and pre-printed toner sentiment sheet
i-Craft Deco Foil Toner Sheets and i-Craft Deco Foil Sheets
Crafter's Companion Glue Pen
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder-Floral Fantasy
Ribbon-Unknown
Copic Marker-YR00 Powder Pink

This will be entered into the following challenges:
Double D's Blog Challenge-Birthday/Anniversary
Scrapy Land Blog Challenge #57-Anything Goes
Mod Squad Blog Challenge-Anything But  Christmas

Well, we are in a cold, cold spell. This morning it was 18 degrees below zero. And below zero highs too! Good time to stay inside where it is warm and I am so grateful that the power is back on. That would have been even more rough with temps like this. As it was, during that time we had fairly mild temperatures so that was a plus. You have a great evening now. And thanks for the visits and all the great comments.

God bless,
Verna

16 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card Verna. Thanks for entering my candy, you do however need to be a follower so if you pop back and follow me you will be eligible...am following you.xx
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/our-first-blog-aversary.html

Ina G said...

Simply beautiful and so elegant Verna.

Unknown said...

Love that sentiment focal portion, the colors are really pretty! A great celebration card and another beautiful ribbon and bow! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at The Double D Challenge Blog, Donna, DT Member.

Lisa Babitz said...

I love how you added color to the foiled panel. You have so many elements that match those in the inspiration photos - well done! Your card looks great!

Barbara said...

You did a wonderful job with this inspiration photo. Using foil really makes the card elegant, along with that bow.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great job Verna! You've done a great job matching the mood of the inspiration photos. The foiling looks wonderful.

Judy Woodland said...

This is beautiful - what a great use of the foiling, and that embossed background is gorgeous. That is one of the first EFs I purchase and haven't used it in ages. I need to pull it out again, thanks for the inspiration!!!!

Darlene said...

Oh Verna this is so, so pretty! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Donna Ellis said...

what a great take on the DD challenge, Verna! Beautiful card! hugs, de

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I love this, Verna! You used one of my first ever embossing folders and still a favorite. Good progress on those birthday cards! Yikes, 18 below is so COLD! It was 25 above here last night and I thought it was frightful. Our snow hasn't melted yet and now it's hard and crunchy. Thanks again for joining us at Double D!

Kathy Krug said...

Another beauty, Verna. Love the embossing gold and pretty peach. Thanks for linking up with our anniversary challenge.

aussie aNNie said...

 Fabulous card Verna and love that embossing, gorgeous card...Thanks for entering it into our celebration challenge...hugs.xx

Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

Bonnie said...

Something about this is so beyond words. Every element you have added is so perfect. The vintage fell is special to me.

Unknown said...

Very nice card . The embossing and foil accent do make it

Judy Woodland said...

And thanks for playing along with us at Mod Squad!!!

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! The embossing is fabulous!! Love the birthday sentiment!! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...