Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Happy Mail

Yes, today was a good one as I did get some wonderful deliveries today from Tupelo Designs LLC and among the goodies was this cute mailbox die from Die-Namics. So naturally I was anxious to play with it and that is why you are seeing this card I am posting. I decided it would work perfectly for a simple Valentine for friends.


I first took a piece of Tim Holtz water color paper and added some light blue to it. I am not much of a water color person but I can at least make a panel I think. LOL When it was dry I then die cut it with a Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Border Die.

The next step was to die cut the mailbox image. The mailbox was done with gray colors, the post with brown, the letters with white, the grass with green and the hearts and mailbox flag with red card stock. When I had assembled it to my satisfaction I then added all the elements to the water colored background.

I then added some striped pattern paper to an A2 size white card base. I was going to just mount this completed panel right onto it, but decided it would look better with a red layer so I added that. I also added a "hello" sentiment with black ink to the mailbox.

I just love this red, white and blue design....some of my favorite colors together. And, I think it makes for a nice little Valentine design as well.

Dies used:
Die-namics MFT-1034 Mailbox
Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Border

Other Supplies:
Sentiment Stamp: A Jillian Vance Design Simply Said: Happy Daisy set
Striped Pattern Paper-unknown
Crafter's Companion Glue Pen
2-way Glue Pen
Cardstock-Various Companies

Since this was a NBUS item again I will be entering this into the second phase of Darnell's NBUS Challenge #9. 


I am also entering this in the following challenges:

Well, almost time to work on the evening meal. We dodged the snow that a lot of the state got, but we might get some flurries tonight. I know it has been windy and cooler today. Well, take care and thanks again for your visits.

God bless,
Verna

14 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Super cute Verna! What a great little die too. Very versatile, I believe.

Macimbalo said...

This is such a great Valentine's Day card! I love the blue panel with the red edge and it goes perfectly with the paper in the background! Lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host

A.Rose said...

Love your card. I have to get this MFT set.

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful execution and design, Verna!! I love the colors that you chose-so cheery and delightful! Do check my blog post as more happy mail might come your way! http://virginialusblog.blogspot.ca/2017/01/altenew-gift-card-winner-announced.html

Rosy Newlun said...

Sweet as pie! I love hearts and mailboxes. I was going to try and sketch and fussy cut to say Thank You to our mail lady. But I love all your hearts falling out of the box and the shading you did on your grass. Very sweet scene, Verna!

Barbara said...

Just super sweet and so clever. Love this stamp and die set. I have it on my wish list. Your card is a great valentine's card.

Unknown said...

FAB card! I love a mailbox on a card this is a wonderful die. Love your scene, super Happy Mail!!!

Unknown said...

Certainly will be happy mail for whomever gets it. Another super card and a supplier to check out for when the postage may be acceptable to here. :)

Judy Woodland said...

How cute! I love the stitched rectangle, it gives the card a homespun feel. Super adorable card!

Kathy Krug said...

This is so cute. Simple but fun. I am going to have to check out NBUS because so many people I know are following that blog. This morning I have been reminded of two dies I have but have never used. A bike and a mailbox. I feel inspired.

Esther Asbury said...

Such a cute card and I love your water colored sky background!

KT Fit Kitty said...

LOVE this, Verna! Such a cute die set!

debby4000 said...

Such a fabulous card, love that mailbox die.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Darnell said...

What a fun, fun mailbox die for making Happy Mail cards like this, Verna! You brought everything together just MWAH to create a wonderful Valentine design! (I love the wee envelopes!) Thanks for playing again in #9! Hugs, Darnell

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...