Monday, January 16, 2017

Cattelya

One of the sets I got from Sparkle N Sprinkle was this beautiful floral image and the set is called Cattelya Friendship Stamp Set #818. But I had no idea what kind of flower it was or what colors it should be. So I looked it up on Google and found out that it is an orchid and that it comes in almost every color you can think of. I chose these colors for it as I saw one that was similar and thought it to be very beautiful.



I stamped the flowers and sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Gina K. Designs Kraft card stock. I then colored them in with my Copics. After I had the design all colored I die cut the stamped panel with the Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Borders die set. This panel was then placed onto a base card of Gina K. Designs Tomato Soup card stock. I finished the card by adding the bow and some bling.

Since I did use NBUS (never before used schtuff) on my card which is the stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle Darnell has graciously allowed me to still enter this card into her CHALLENGE. Isn't she a sweetie? 


Thanks for stopping by and I love to read all of your comments. They mean so much to me.

God bless,
Verna








10 comments:

Darnell said...

Oh, dear, I'm sorry that my instructions weren't clear, Verna. You CAN enter this in my NBUS Challenge! The use of a NBUS technique (which this week a person could choose to be colored pencils on kraft or some other NBUS technique) is OPTIONAL and just for fun! The only requirement is that you use NBUS. I'll go back and reread my instructions cuz I wrote it about a hundred times trying to make that clear and I'm disappointed to see that it must not be. Thanks for adding that info so I could know it isn't clear! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

Oops, forgot to talk about your card! Slap! It's a beautiful orchid and I love that sediment!! Hugs, Darnell

Barbara said...

Well, this looks like good news for you. You can still enter this lovely card. Oh, and congrats on your recent wins. Check out DD challenge this morning.

Judy Woodland said...

What a nice image - you really hit the jackpot with your won over at S & S!!!! Love how you have colored it, and your design is fabulous. I am so partial to GKD Tomato Soup card stock. LOVE that color. And congrats on all your wins over at Double D!!!

Kathy Krug said...

Love this card and the colors. Looks like you are having a great time with all these images.

Fikreta said...

very beautiful card!
hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

JennyH said...

Lovely colouring Verna, the bits of bling are a really nice touch : )

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty coloring

Unknown said...

Very Pretty

scrappymo! said...

So pretty and a wonderful sentiment!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...