Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Peep! Peep!

Another Sparkle N Sprinkle stamp has seen use now with the making of this cute card. I just love the little chick on that set and that image reminds me so much of Spring. As a kid growing up on my parent's farm I can always remember the day the little baby chicks arrived in the mail. Hard to believe they could send them that way. I am not sure but I think they were ordered from a catalog. Of course, they had to go to the post office and pick them up. They sure could make a lot of racket too with all of their peeping. I think my Mom usually got around 200 of them and then raised them for laying eggs and also for meat to sell and for our table. Anyway, this set was my inspiration for this card! I also found the use for some Spring Green colored crocheted lace. It fit perfectly with the colors of the pattern paper I used.

The Sparkle N Sprinkle stamp set I used is called Easter Chicky #820.


My design was stamped with Onyx Black ink from Versafine onto kraft card stock and then I colored the design in with colored pencils. I die cut the design with a Cheery Lynn Classic circle die and placed this onto the plaid pattern paper from My Favorite Things which was die cut with the Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Borders die. I also stamped the flowers onto white card stock with the black ink and colored them with colored pencils too. They were fussy cut and placed  beneath the focal image. After putting all the layers onto the base card of kraft card stock, I then added the green crocheted lace.

I am entering this into Darnell's Blog NBUS Challenge and this time I think I have all the components right. I used kraft, colored pencils and NBUS things....the stamp set and the lace.


Well, that is all I am doing today. I have a few other things that need my attention and not nearly as fun as making cards either. LOL I hope your day is going well and thanks again for stopping by.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

What a darling little chick!!! Peep peep! Great coloring and use of design elements! I see little chicks several times per year running around the yard with their mamas. It's so sweet to see them all pop out their tiny heads from under mamas body!!!!

scrappymo! said...

This little chick is a sweetie! Your card is pretty and I loved the background story you shared on your blog.
My Mum raised chickens...hundreds at a time and sold them off for frying chickens. I think she used to say it was the only time they made money as "gentlemen farmers". Dad raised Black Angus beef cows but could never bring himself to have any of them killed so we just had a field fo cows for pets that kept getting bigger and bigger in numbers! lol

JennyH said...

Cute card Verna, the colouring on kraft looks great. That chickie image is so sweet : )

Shona Erlenborn said...

This little guy looks fab. on the Kraft cardstock, Verna! Love the plaid background and the touch of lace too! Thanks for sharing your story, we also had chickens growing up, brought back fun memories!

Unknown said...

Super CUTE! Love that pretty lacy ribbon at the top too! Your pretty plaid paper looks wonderful!

scrappymo! said...

Me again. Popped over to sign up to follow you, but I get a message "Forbidden error"
I have signed up to follow you by email instead.

Donna Ellis said...

My friend who owns a farm still has chickies delivered by mail! Seems strange, doesn't it? They are so cute, all clustered together. And they sure do grow quickly! Your little Easter Chickie is adorable, Verna - such sweet colors! hugs, de

Judy Woodland said...

Super cute - can't believe it's almost time for chicks and all things spring. Can't come soon enough!! Wonderful design, love your card!!

Unknown said...

Love it, and yes,it brings back memories for this person as well. But my wee gals were pets. :)

Darnell said...

Well done, Verna! That was a lot of work, but the result is really sensational with all the elements you brought together with your design! Great coloring and lovely addition of crocheted lace! I also enjoyed your memories, so thank you for sharing. And thank you for playing again in my challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...