Sunday, January 1, 2017

Toasty Warm

Happy first day of 2017! Now I will  have to adjust my mind to remembering the new year when I write out checks and need the date for other documents. I always struggle the first three months at least. LOL

For my card design I went with a toasty warm theme as our first week of January is to be more on the frigid side. In fact, we may only see below zero highs for a few days. I think we had our January thaw in December when we got all the freezing rain and thus lost electric power. So I hope that is the last episode of that, It was an adventure but it was sorely missed at times. We were so lucky we had a generator that held up and worked well.


The background of my card is a pattern paper in a sweater design from Gina K. Designs which was part of a freebie incentive at one time and I thought that represented a great way to get warm and cozy. I also chose a die set of the cocoa cup with the deer on it which I recently won in the coffee hop I participated in and that is from Gina Marie Designs. The sentiment I used is from a Gina K. Designs stamp set called Coffee which is illustrated by Claire Brennan. It expressed my thoughts perfectly and that was stamped with black Versafine ink onto white card stock and cut out using a Cheery Lynn Designs die set before layering it onto red and white layers too.

I think this card could be used for a winter greeting or also for a Valentine with all those pretty hearts on that background paper. That will be the next holiday to make cards for so I might have a head start on it with this card.

I took a white Galaxy Marker to add some froth from stirring the cocoa in the cup and also used some brown dye ink and sponged more on the deer's antlers. I am so pleased with the way this looks and just love the dies used on it.

Supplies:
Coffee Stamp Set (sentiment) and Sweater Pattern Paper-Gina K. Designs

Dies used:
Cocoa Cup Set-Gina Marie Designs
Scalloped Circle-XM-5-Cheery Lynn Designs

Other Supplies:
White Galaxy Pen
Score Pal
Mementos Brown Dye Ink
Black Versafine Dye Ink
2-Way Glue Pen
Glue Pen-Crafters Companion
Crossover Die Cutting Machine

This will be entered into the following challenges:
Mod Squad Blog Challenge-Warm and Toasty
Dies R Us Challenge-Anything Goes

Well, another year and I hope it is a great one for all of you. Thanks for visiting and as always I love all the comments you leave too!

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Super cute! I love the background and the font of the sentiment. As I read on I was not surprised that it was a Claire Brennan set, I always love the style of her sentiments! TFS!

Macimbalo said...

Oh my, this is just the coziest card EVER!!! I love everything about it! Happy New Year Verna! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

Rushd Lady said...

I've got a hankering for some hot cocoa now. thanks to you. :) Karen gave me some Pumpkin Pie tea for Christmas. Glad you survived not having electricity. Have a happier new year.

Lisa Babitz said...

Your background paper is perfect for a warm and toasty card! Love your mug of cocoa too!

Happy New Year!

Kathy Krug said...

What a wonderful, fun design, Verna. Love that background paper with the fabulous warm drink.

Peanut said...

LOVE this fun card, Verna. Definitely getting that warm and toasty feeling. Wishing you an amazing 2017 filled with much blessings.
x Asha

Judy Woodland said...

This is so stinkin' cute, Verna. I love the background, it just gives the whole card a cozy feel, especially with the warm cup of cocoa. That little deer is really sweet too...makes me smile!

Darlene said...

Oh Verna this is just precious! Great job! Happy New Year! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes with Dies’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Barbara said...

Cute card, Verna! Thank you for participating in our challenge from Dies R Us!

Barbara
Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

laurie said...

What a cute design Verna! Such a cozy card for winter...love that sentiment and the heart background paper. Awesome!

Darnell said...

Your card is thoroughly cozy and warm, Verna! I feel all toasty inside! I hope you don't have any more doozy storms - at least not for quite a while!! Hugs, Darnell

Karen Dunbrook said...

so sweet and toasty warm.....we all want to feel that way!

Unknown said...

Another cute one Verna. and like the black on the background.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...