Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Anniversary

Today I was in the mood to make a scene card and upon looking through my stash of cards I noticed I did not have any anniversary cards on hand. So I decided to make one with my Stampscape images.


It is a fairly simple scene. I first punched a circle in a Post-It note and placed that on the white card stock where I wanted my moon. I then made another mask for the sky line with a Post-It note. Next I took two shades of blue and sponged on color. I used the lighter color around the moon so that it looked like the shine of the moon lighted up the sky more.

With another mask I then sponged on the green grass. When I had all the color down like I preferred it, I then inked up my Stampscape images with black ink and added them to the background I had created. I finished by adding some stars with a white gel pen and the sentiment.

The sentiment is from Gina K. Designs. Stampscape images used are the couple, sedge filler, oak row and the large elm.

Nothing like a moonlight stroll to promote romance, right? Thanks for looking at my little scene.

God bless,
Verna

6 comments:

Olga Moore said...

What a beautiful scene you created, Verna! I just love it!

Janet Genser said...

Verna, this scene is exquisite! The background colours are perfect and the moon really does look like it's giving off light. Like Olga, I love it!

Donna Ellis said...

oh oh OHHHH! Verna, how GORGEOUS! the colors are so vibrant and full of life. Your scene just adds to the vivaciousness of daily life and the wonder of sharing it with our special someone. Thank you for sharing how you made it - it is BEAUTIFUL! hugs, de

Kathy Krug said...

This is a real beauty.

Lagene said...

WOWZERS Verna, This is Awesome!

Karen Dunbrook said...

very cool card...

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...