Sunday, October 26, 2014

Thank Goodness There is Piecing!

I really like to make cards using the frame template from the Gina K. Designs Fabulous Frames set illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger. And, Melanie also designed a set called Fabulous Frame Fillers and another new one called Fabulous Holiday Fillers. And, I was doing okay until it came to putting really small images into circles. I messed up almost every one of them. I think being partly blind in one eye messes with me so that I don't see quite well enough to get a good result. But I was still determined to make that frame I stamped into a fairly usable card. And, with some piecing I think I did just that!


Besides using the frame I also used pine and cone image and sentiment from another Gina K. Designs set called Peace and Joy by Theresa Momber.  I colored in my image and the outside of the frame with my Spectrum Noir alcohol ink markers. I found some pattern paper that I thought worked from the Blizzard Paper Pack from Gina K. Designs. Now I happened to have some ribbon that had dots on it and almost matched the stamped dotted red pattern that I added from the Fabulous Holiday Fillers so I used that. The glare from the lighting does not show the dots really well on the ribbon, but if you look closely I think you can see it towards the bottom. And, yes, it is not perfect, but I think I salvaged it quite well. I might have to resort to more paper piecing as I think this is a very lovely look!

I will enter this into the Mix It Up Monday challenge at Stamp TV and also in the Mod Squad Challenge.

Thanks for checking in and hope your Sunday was a great one. Have a wonderful new week too!

God bless,
Verna


7 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE this, Verna!!! I am such a fan of Mel's set too - in fact I just got her two filler sets to go along with the frame. You have really done a good job with the image here. And I really like how you have turned the stamp on it's side - I will remember that! Thanks for the inspiration, well done!!!! And thanks again for playing over at Mod Squad this week!!

Peanut said...

What a pretty card, Verna! And I love how you've framed the pine cone. Gorgeous papers too!
hugs, Asha

Joyce Erb said...

Turned out great Verna! Love the ribbon and the Joy

Carolyn said...

Verna, your last several Christmas cards are outstanding. Each one is special.

Hugs,
C

TWeber said...

Verna, this is absolutely gorgeous! I showed my daughter Alexandra this card and she was like, WOW! That is really nice! Of course I took full credit for your talent, since I am the one who introduced you to rubber stamping! Hahahahahaahahahahaaha!!! I am just kidding, of course. I remember when you first started card making and I must say your sense of color and design have evolved very nicely! Congratulations on another beautiful card!

Barbara said...

Don't you just love Mel's designs and how you can make so many different card with the same one? I really need to catch up with you. You have inspired me.

Unknown said...

Super card Verna. Shouts Christmas

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...