Thursday, October 23, 2014

Deer Wreath Christmas Card

I have been so fortunate to win lots of different crafting supplies over the years of my card making career and one thing I won that I had not used up yet was some blank ivory note cards. So this year I decided to use them for my own personal stash of cards. And, again I went with a fairly clean and simple look. And, having the MISTI certainly helped me align up the wreath and the berries correctly too. I used it for adding the sentiment as well. On a separate piece of ivory card stock I used my new MISTI tool for stamping multiples of the deer by just rotating the paper.



I think the hardest thing about creating this card was making the tiny bow with arthritic fingers and fussy cutting out the deer. And, I used up some leftover plaid ribbon that I had won in a grab bag to decorate the card. One could use left over pattern paper easily enough too, but I just adored this ribbon so wanted to add it to this particular one. I simply took a tape runner and ran it along the underside of the ribbon and adhered it to the borders of the front panel.

I used Gina K. Designs images from the Poster Board Christmas set by Rebecca Oehlers. The deer image was from another set from Gina K. Designs called Season's Greetings. Ink colors used were Gina K. Designs Christmas Pine, Warm Cocoa and Cherry Red. My little bow was made with my Craft-Dee Bowz bow making tool.

I am all set up to make five of this design. All that is left is to assemble them. Hopefully, by the end of the day I can have many more cards done for my holiday sending which I usually start to do shortly after Thanksgiving. That way I have plenty of time to do other holiday activities. I am quite a ways from my goal yet though, so look for more Christmas cards in the future on my blog.

This card will be entered into the Stamp TV Mix It Up Monday challenge and also in the Mod Squad Challenge for this week which is to make your favorite type of card. By now I am sure many of you know that I prefer clean and simple.

Thanks for looking and have a great day. It is a beautiful one here in South Dakota with lots of sunshine after our rains of yesterday.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

Love the traditional colors and design. The deer looks great as the centerpiece of the wreath.

Unknown said...

Did I do something wrong? My comment vanished. Hmmm.

Unknown said...

I will try that again.
Yikes that plaid is ribbon??? Very clever, Verna. I am definitely going to try that inspirational trick! Whew, I have plenty of ribbon to use. Very cool!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun to read you are having such success with MISITI! [I am too] :) -- Lovely card - that reindeer is fabulous!

Dawn S. said...

Lovely card! Have just recently heard about the MISTI. Looks like it is a good tool to have.

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, love everything about this card, Verna!! Especially the plaid ribbon on the sides. Such a traditional, quaint touch. I have investigated the MISTI, and I must say, it looks awesome. It is on my wish list - maybe for Christmas. Your card is just wonderful, thanks for playing along with us on Mod Squad this week!!

Nancy said...

Love both of your latest Christmas cards Verna!!! Sounds like your enjoying your new tool!! Take care!!!

Donna Ellis said...

oh! how pretty and festive, Miss Verna! Especially with the plaid on the edges. Very pretty! I'm jealous that you own a MISTI! I want to get one, too, and can hardly wait til her new ones are available! hugs, de

Peanut said...

How fabulously festive! And CAS too... great job,Verna!
hugs, Asha

Barbara said...

Lovely card , Verna. Love the traditional colors, but the plaid ribbon is what I love the most. Also, I am jealous that you are so far ahead of me with you Christmas card making. :)

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...