Friday, October 17, 2014

Recessed Frame Card

Today I decided to get back to creating Thanksgiving cards. Or should I say one. LOL I seem to take more time and put more effort into things these days, but maybe that is okay too! At any rate I do like my card I created.


Again I went for a fairly clean and simple card but making a recessed frame took me lots longer than I thought it would as I could not find an oval die that would exactly fit my frame so I did the best I could with my best fitting one. It is a Spellbinder die. It was a little longer and not as plump as the frame but I think it doesn't look too bad.

I used Gina K. Luxury Ivory, Tomato Soup and Dark Chocolate card stock. Yummy! That sounds like a good meal to me for a cold and windy day such as we are experiencing. LOL

The stamps I used are from the Gina K. Designs The Simple Things TV Kit which includes the The Bounty of Blessings and The Simple Things stamp sets.

I stamped the pumpkin in the center of a piece of Ivory card stock with Gina K, Designs Dark Chocolate dye ink. I then colored it with Spectrum Noir markers and placed it behind the top panel of Tomato Soup card stock using some pop dots so that the pumpkin image was recessed. My frame was stamped with Dark Chocolate ink also.

I am so glad I have a Misti now as the first stamping of that frame was not completely covered, But now if I use the Misti, it is not a problem. All I did was ink it up again and restamp and this time I got every inch covered. I also did the same thing with the sentiment so that I had a nice dark stamping in the Dark Chocolate ink. That Misti perfectly aligns my images so I don't have a problem eyeballing and it also eliminates the use of a stamp positioner.

I added  some Tomato Soup twine to the Tomato Soup card stock panel and over that placed a little sunflower from Jolees By You from EK Success. I added the black pearl to the sunflower too. The card was completed by adhering it to the base panel of Dark Chocolate card stock and inside I lined it with some Ivory card stock to which I stamped another pumpkin image in the lower left corner along with an inside sentiment.

I am entering this card in the Stamp TV Release Party challenge in which we were to make a recessed frame on our card. I think this was really easy to do too except for the time spent searching for a die.

Thanks for looking and I so appreciate all the comments you leave too. Have a great weekend!

God bless,
Verna

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Gorgeous - you're just creating up a storm!!!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I love the twine and ribbon embellishment and the colors you chose are so warm! You did a great job coloring the pumpkin! Great pumpkin image on the inside as well!

Unknown said...

Love this Verna! Gorgeous color.

Rushd Lady said...

I love this card! It is so pretty! You did a great job, even "handicapped" with a different die. I really like that frame stamp also. Just wish it came in rubber instead. I'm sorry, I just don't like clears.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card! I love the way you framed the pumpkin.....stunning!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous card - amazing framework. YAY for Misti!! I am loving mine too!!! :)

Nancy said...

This is fabulous and if it takes a long time to create and you love it...that's all the matters...I am such a slow stamper my hubby says it's ridiculous! So your in good company!!

Donna Ellis said...

LOVELY!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...