Thursday, October 16, 2014

Misti for Making Cards

I was so happy when my Misti arrived in the mail today. That stands for Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented. And, you can find them at My Sweet Petunia. In the upper top there are various links to learn about it. And, since she makes all her own right now, she sells out fast as there are limited supplies. But soon she is hoping to be making them more readily available as she is working on contracting a company to do them for her. To find out when she has more on hand, either join her Facebook page or get her blog through email.

Here is what a Misti looks like.


And with this tool I managed to make five Christmas cards in just a short span of time. In fact, less then 30 minutes once I  had my design figured out and all my supplies on hand. I used some older stamps I had from Posh Impressions and inked them up with the Momento Dew Drop pads. I added some ribbon and then layered my design on pine green card stock. My card base is white so I did not have to add a liner to it. A few little red rhinestones were added to the holly and the holly in the sentiment as well.


I got the message that Operation Write Home was in short supply of Christmas cards and that they extended the deadline. They wanted people to send in at least five cards to take care of the small shortfall for this season. So I decided to try this method. I think it took me longer to get the cards ready for mailing then it did to create them.


I know that this will be a great tool to own. What makes me so happy is that once you have your design ready to stamp, if a bad impression takes place, you can re-ink it and stamp again and it will land right in the same place on the card stock. No more trying to eyeball it or use a stamp positioner.

I recommend you check Misti out and see for yourself what an awesome tool this could be. I know I am happy with it and plan to use it over and over. There are many videos available on different ways of using it as well. I know for me it will be awesome to have for stamping backgrounds. With my arthritis sometimes I tend to not get a good impression, but no worry now! I can always do it again and make it work. This should save a lot of wasted card stock for me.

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed seeing my quick and easy card too.

God bless,
Verna


5 comments:

Brenda said...

Looks like a cool tool :) Love the cards - so simple and yet so elegant!

Rushd Lady said...

Is it like a letterpress positioner? I'm not exactly sure how it works. Guess, I"ll have to go hunt up a video on Youtube.

Joyce Erb said...

LOVE mine. I also have weak hands and this tool is great! But the price is horrible...but for me worth it since it keeps me stamping. Now I don't need to shy away from large stamps.

Unknown said...

ok you got me, Have to go check it out. Love the card, simple and beautiful.

Vicki Dutcher said...

You go girl! Love the mass produced card and for a fabulous cause!!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...