Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Halloween Scene

I am back to Halloween card making and once again, only got one completed as I had to go and do some things in the garden before the weather turns colder on the weekend. But I was glad I had time to do at least one card.


I used images from Gina K. Designs for this card. I don't have any Halloween stamps from her but I did have pumpkins and I was able to carve one up suitable for the occasion with my black Copic marker. LOL

The pumpkins and the sentiment are from the Always Autumn set by Theresa Momber. The cute fox image is from the Bounty of Blessings set from The Simple Things TV Kit released in September.

My images were stamped with Black Momento ink and colored in with the Copics. For the sky I sponged on some Gina K. Designs Ocean Mist dye inks. I fussy cut out the fox.

Card stock colors used were Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury White, Black and Wild Lilac. On the Wild Lilac panel I added Gina K. Designs Mango Polka Dot and Lime Dots Wild Washi Tape by starting off with the green in the center diagonally. Then I guestimated the right spacing with alternating the two colors.

After assembling all my layers together I then added the little fox by using some pop dots to give more dimension.

I am so glad I took time to craft this little Halloween design. Nothing fancy but I sure do like how it turned out.

I think since it has a critter on this card I will enter it in the Mix It Up Monday challenge for this week.

Thanks for looking and hope you have a great rest of the week.

God bless,
Verna

6 comments:

Barbara said...

I love the colors of fall, but the colors of Halloween are so much fun. Your card exemplifies that! The addition of the purple with the orange and green. Too sweet.
Thanks for the idea of the Christmas card. I'm going to try it, I think. I'll let your know. Also, How is your sister doing? I sent her card out early this week. Still saying prayers too.

Kathy Krug said...

Love the way you adapted the stamp to fit Halloween. The addition of the fox is soo clever.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Totally fabulous card! Love your pumpkins and I love the fox fussy cut in front! Very cute card~

Donna Ellis said...

ohhhhh! How cute this image and CARD are, Verna! Sweetness and Happiness combined, and beautiful coloring, too! I especially like how you used traditional halloweenie colors, but did them in less intense colors. Very sweeeeeet! hugs, de

Nancy said...

Really a great Halloween card! Well done Verna!!

TWeber said...

I LOVE this one! So darned cute! I don't have any Halloween cards made... I suppose I should get going on them, shouldn't I? It's not far off at all.....

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...