Monday, October 27, 2014

I Love Big Ribbon!

A few years ago while shopping after Christmas I ran across this beautiful gold embossed chiffon ribbon in the bargain bin! I thought it was so gorgeous that I had to buy it. I had no idea what I would use it for, but today I decided I wanted to create a Christmas card with it.


The ribbon is two inches wide and is so filled with those lovely trees and gold flecks of falling snow. So with the help of the two snowflake border stamps from the Gina K. Designs set called Fabulous Holiday Fillers illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger and the sentiment from the Gina K. Designs Peace and Joy set illustrated by Theresa Momber I created a background. I embossed the JOY with Halo embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle. It has a little extra color with the gold which sort of matched the embossing on the ribbon.

I stamped the snowflakes with Red Hot ink from Gina K. Designs and also used Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury White and Red Hot card stock.

Not sure if this will inspire you or not, but I am glad I picked up that big wide ribbon. I can see where so many of those great ribbons could be used for beautiful and festive Christmas cards.

I am having so much fun making Christmas cards and I think this is my favorite type of card to make. So for this reason I am entering this in the Mod Squad Challenge in which we are to make our favorite types of projects.

Happy stamping everyone! And, thanks for stopping by.

God bless,
Verna

8 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

Verna, that ribbon really is big and it's so pretty on your card.Makes a great focal point!! Good luck in the challenge.

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful ribbon. It so deserves to be used as a focal - just fantastic. Great use of that stamp set too - another super inspiration. Thanks again for playing at Mod Squad!

Angelica Schmidt said...

Beautiful Christmas card Verna! Love the gold glitter ribbon so beautiful! Fabulous job my dear! Have a Blessed day!

Barbara said...

What a beautiful card and I would have never thought of using it this way. But, you are right, it is too beautiful not to use it on a card. Love this!

Joyce Erb said...

Wow, gorgeous and creative use of the ribbon and the border stamps

Val said...

A gorgeous card with that ribbon and those border stamps. It will really stand out among all the Christmas cards that the recipient gets.

Brenda said...

Clever!!! And pretty too :)

Peanut said...

Oh wow! That ribbon is the bees knees! It practically makes the card. That was a wise buy, Verna - awesome card!
hugs, Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...