Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Fight Like a Girl!- Stamp Out Cancer Card

I worked with my new happy mail that came today from Gina K. Designs. I got the new set called Fight Like a Girl as well as the new pattern paper pack also called Fight Like A Girl. And, Gina is so generous that with every order placed with her for these products she will be making a donation to the Cancer Society.  I just had to order so that there would be more money generated for such a great cause.



And I really love all the stamps in the set as well as the gorgeous pattern papers. For the butterfly image I colored it with Spectrum Noir colored pencils and blended it with a Spectrum Noir blender marker. I am out of the Gamsol solution but I found that in a pinch this will work too!  I popped the butterfly on the octagon shaped card which was cut out with Spellbinder dies. I also added some red rhinestones in the center of the butterfly to dress it up a bit and added a double ribbon bow of pink and white satin trimmed organza ribbon. My base card was a deep red and white duplex and I simply added a layer of black and then again the layer of the pattern paper before placing the butterfly on it.

Here is a different angle of the card I created. The challenge this time was to use a card that was not square or rectangle, so I went with the octagon shape.


I hope this will bring someone encouragement when it arrives in their mail box. I am so glad I have a few stamps that will work for such a thing as this. When this disease hits, it means a lot to get some mail from those who are keeping them in their thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for looking and stopping by.

God bless,
Verna

8 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Verna this is lovely! Such a wonderful shape and the paper is perfect with that gorgeous butterfly!

Kathy Krug said...

This turned out so pretty. Love it. The butterfly is pretty in pink.

Rosy Newlun said...

What a great card, Verna! The shape is genius! I heard that baby oil? also works in a pinch if one doesn't have gamsol. Maybe any kind of oil will blend the pencils? I haven't tried it yet. This is beautiful and love your design!!! I envy your happy mail delivery :)

Peanut said...

LOVE the shape of this card. Different and and the colours are lovely. The butterfly is so pretty!
hugs, Asha

TWeber said...

So very pretty, Verna - and cheery, too! Thanks for sharing!

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...

The butterfly always brings such thoughts of hope for a new beginning. Putting it on this unusual shape is very creative and different. I love what you did.

Unknown said...

Both are great cards Verna, and love butterflies. Very creative

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...