Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Poinsettia Frame

Today I had to do some baking so I only managed to get one card done for my Christmas supply. I think I will enter this into the Mix It Up Monday Challenge at Stamp TV for this week in which we were to make a Christmas card.


For this card I chose the lovely Festive Frame set from Gina K. Designs which is illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger. I stamped it with Momentos Black ink and then colored it in with the Spectrum Noir Markers. Over the top of the panel I applied a good coating of Versamark ink and sprinkled on clear embossing powder. After I heat set this the panel really shimmered. I also think it makes the colors more vibrant too. The photo below shows that shimmer.



I layered the panel onto a layer of Gina K. Designs Red Hot card stock and then onto the base card of Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury Ivory card stock. My card was finished by adding a double ribbon bow of Honey Mustard organza.

Well, thanks for looking and I hope all of you had a wonderful day.

God bless,
Verna

6 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful coloring and love the shine you got with the clear embossing powder.

very_inky_fingers said...

Really breathtaking!

Ina G said...

I think this is my favourite Gina K Christmas stamp and wish I had bought it while our dollar was good. Love this card Verna and is simply stunning. Glad you captured the shimmer to show this card off.

Unknown said...

Stunning, my friend, just stunning! Love all of the colors, and that gorgeous bow. Whew, well done!

Dawn S. said...

This is beautiful! Love the shimmer and the poinsettias.

Val said...

I just love what the clear embossing does for this pretty card!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...