Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Sequins in the Sky! Santa's Coming!

I worked up another clean and simple card design for Christmas giving. To this scene I added some of the home made sequins again to make it look like a starry Christmas Eve.


The Santa and Sleigh image is from Gina K. Designs Poster Board Greetings set by Rebecca Oehlers. And, the trees are from the Gina K. Designs The Northwoods set by Theresa Momber. I sponged on two shades of blue to make the sky. Then I simply stamped the images in black ink. My sequins were made from haliographic paper and this time I used two different sizes of sequins. I added a ribbon from American Crafts which had a Merry Christmas already on it before I layered it to the white base card.

I love to create clean and simple cards. And, I think that Santa and Sleigh work so well for Christmas greeting cards.

This card will be included in the Stamp TV Mix It Up Monday Challenge and also in the Mod Squad Challenge as well.

Thanks for stopping by. I so appreciate it.

God bless,
Verna

8 comments:

Ina G said...

Fabulous card Verna - so real looking. Love Santa flying across the full moon. Those sequins are perfect shining stars.

Unknown said...

Great card, loving your home made sequins, they came out awesome!

Unknown said...

Love it. Makes the childhood memories of what you think of Santa on Christmas Eve. Can see someone special getting that card and still thinking of it.

Barbara said...

I always love seeing Santa's sleigh across the sky. Sure brings back old memories. Love your sequins too! Great job.

Kathy Krug said...

Love the big moon behind Santa. Your homemade sequins add a nice pop of color.

Unknown said...

Fantastic card. Love every element, and the design. Well done! Inspirational for me!!!
Love that Poster Board Christmas set!!! Love it tons! haha

Judy Woodland said...

Well this card just makes me smile, Verna!! Love how you have Santa and his sleigh flying across the moon. What a wonderful scene, reminds me of old fashioned Christmas cards. Your sequins are awesome - really need to try this. Well done!!

Peanut said...

I absolutely LOVE this card. Oh the magic of Christmas!
hugs, Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...