Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Just Two

Yes! That was the challenge at the Stamp TV Mix It Up Monday this week to use just TWO colors! And  neutral colors were included so it made it a bit more limiting! Now for some reason I did find this a challenge, but I think I managed to pull this one off at least.

I did some embossing but I think it was not a good day with the humidity higher, but this was the best I could do considering that. Because there were mini flecks of white embossing powder, which for some reason I could not remove as they seemed to fly back on, I also added some bigger flecks by using pearls.


I chose the pine image and the sentiment from the Gina K. Designs Peace and Joy set illustrated by Theresa Momber. I stamped them in Gina K. Designs White pigment ink onto Cranberry Tart card stock and used some white embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle. Inside the card I added a white sheet of card stock and also stamped the pine cone image and a sentiment with Gina K. Designs Cranberry Tart dye ink in order to tie the inside and outside together!

I seem to be into a pearl or sequin sort of frame these days. I can see where ones of various sizes sure can dress up a pretty clean and simple card.

Well, that's all folks! I did my usual card a day. I might get done by the time it comes to send cards at Christmas! LOL

Have a great day! And God bless all of you!
Hugs, Verna

7 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful. Love the scattered pearls. Just the right touch.

Peanut said...

What a stunning colour combo, Verna. Very festive and elegant.
hugs, Asha

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is gorgeous! Love the bright white on the cranberry!

Barbara said...

Wow! I love this card! It would be an easy one to mass produce for your holiday list of friends. Gorgeous, and I could be proud to send it.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Verna!! I love the white embossing, and that red cardstock really makes it pop!!!

Darnell said...

I love pine cones and branches on a Christmas card and your card with them embossed in white on the red background is really fantastic, Verna! I think your pearls and specks beautifully evoke a night sky with stars!! Hugs, Darnell

Unknown said...

Well, my comment went to never never land, Love the card, gorgeous.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...