Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Another Traditional Colored Card

I was in a red, white and green mood again so I worked up a card using a holly embossing folder from Darice, stamps and dies from Gina K. Designs as well as her card stock and inks and my newly acquired MFT Die-Namic stitched scalloped frame die. The little bit of coloring on my holly images was done with the Zig water color markers.


Oh, and I forgot I added a bit of ric rack that was almost a perfect green color to go with my design. I really am loving how this turned out. Inside the card I added a panel of white so that I can stamp or write a message.

Well, time to call it a day! I am going to get comfy, sit in front of the TV a bit and then get some shut eye! I wish all of you a great evening too and thanks for your comments as well.

God bless,
Verna

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Verna, Love the last two cards, so creative. What a wonderful gift, to get cards that look like that. Ellen G

MaryH said...

Always love when I see a bit of 'sewing supplies' on a card...be it buttons, ric rack, etc. This sparkle looks great with the other elements of this most traditional card (which I confess, I love traditional best I think). That's a fab oval die, always love me some stitching on the dies (that sewing thing again!) I like the bold look of the calligraphy sentiment too. Think I have this EF, and what a lovely card you've made. TFS & Hugs

Karen Dunbrook said...

I like your traditional card...great way to add an oversized sentiment...
lovely mf.
xx Karen

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is gorgeous Verna. Love all the layering and the stitches. The "framed" embossed panel is really pretty - really nice touch. A beautifully crafted elegant card.

Donna Ellis said...

OH SO GORGEOUS, Verna! Love love LOVE everything about your card - especially the traditional color theme with a more pine-like color - LOVELY, Verna! xx

Judy Woodland said...

I'm sorry, but my favorite Christmas colors are still the traditional. Try as I might, I can't like that lime green with the red and white. This is beautiful, well done once again!

Joyce Erb said...

LOVE IT! I love traditional, that embossing looks great, cool sentiiment

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fab design.xxx

laurie said...

Beautiful Verna! I love that rick rack..so sparkly and festive!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh that pretty font makes this card so classy!

Ina G said...

Love the big bold sentiment Verna. Lovely traditional coloured Christmas card.

Donna Phelan said...

Really perfect! Great bold sentiment, love that background texture, your sparkle and the holly and berries. Very festive!

Lisa said...

Verna, this is so beautiful! Love that image and the embossing... awesome card!

Brenda in IN said...

This is a wonderful Christmas card in the traditional colors. That shade of green is just gorgeous. I am going to look for that embossing folder, it is a good one.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

WOW, you are really in Christmas card making mode - come and play with us at MCV - we need more players.... http://musechristmasvisions.blogspot.ca/

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...