Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Red, White and Green

Now these are the colors to be used at the Monday Stamp TV challenge for this week and I just had to join in as that is the traditional colors for Christmas. I had always meant to get more of Gina K. Designs new Christmas foil mates colored with foil but have not had the time so far. So I grabbed one she designed called Flower Power which I had foiled with her Red Velvet Fancy Foil. I thought by the stretch of the imagination it could be implemented into a Christmas design as well.



I used the tree and sentiment from the Gina K. Designs Christmas Wishes set. Gina just recently got dies to go with that stamp set so since I had them now I die cut the tree. For the center circles under the tree I die cut one of the double stitched dies from Gina K. Designs in Red Velvet and one of the larger single stitched dies of Gina's in Christmas Pine for the outer layer. The ink colors I chose to use also were Gina K. Designs Red Velvet and Christmas Pine. On the outside of the foiled background I added a My Favorite Things Die-Namics die called Stitched Rectangle Scalloped Frame. Before adding all the elements to my framed background design I added one of Gina K. Designs white gold edged ribbons. The sentiment was stamped with Red Velvet onto Gina's White card stock and then layered onto a piece of Christmas Pine card stock.

The card base is Christmas Pine card stock but inside I added a layer of white card stock which I die cut with a My Favorite Things Die-Namics die from the Blueprints 29 set. Along the bottom of the inside white panel I added a layer of the foiled floral design which was added to a green strip. This tied the front design into the inside of the card.

My finishing touch was to add some red rhinestones to the tree. I really love how this card looks and wish I could have gotten the foil to shine better then it did. But I guess one cannot always get a good shot when using foil. I hope at any rate you get the sense of it's beauty!

Here is another photo but again it does not do the card justice.



Well, I spent a lot more time on this card than I did most of the others I made lately as I got 14 Christmas cards done all total Sunday and Monday. But this was a lot of fun and as I went along I would think of something else I could add to make it a cool design. Guess that is how it goes sometimes.

I hope your week is off to a great start. Mine is going well so far so I am very thankful for that. Thanks for the lovely comments you leave me too.

God bless,
Verna

8 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

GORGEOUS!!!!! So pretty - yes, that foil is hard to capture in a photo! This really is stunning Verna! Even the bow! Just terrific!

Judy Woodland said...

This is so, so pretty. I love the red foil, of course, but that tree as a focal is just perfect. Fabulous Christmas card!

Brenda in IN said...

That foil made a lovely Christmas card. I love the red jewels on the tree, so festive.

Donna Ellis said...

How pretty in your traditional Christmas colors, Verna! I especially like your scallop frame. It's a lovely card! hugs, de

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty in the traditional colors! I also love how the foiling adds so much to Christmas cards!
Great design, and thanks for sharing!
~~Heidi @ My Little Stamping Blog

Sharon Fontenot said...

I love this tree. One of my fave Christmas stamps. Beautiful card. You will have quite a stash of cards by Christmas.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty...
xx Karen

Donna Phelan said...

Another beautiful Christmas card! (I better get started!!!)

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...