Monday, October 23, 2017

Peace on Earth

Today I played with a wonderful stamp set from Penny Black called Snowy Village. I had admired the way others had used it so I decided it was a set I would love and use a lot. So today I made three cards using that image. Also the sentiment on each of the cards is from the Gina K. Designs set called Peaceful Holidays. I thought it worked perfect for these cards. I will show all three versions and here is the first one.


Then I did another version which I liked as well as this one.


And, lastly the third way of using the stamp. However, I must explain that I messed up the big trees from the set so I downsized my design and used some of the trees from the Gina K. Designs Peaceful Holidays set instead. I had a leftover frame die cut so I put the smaller version into that cut out area so that it looked like a frame around the scene.


I was happy with all of them. Even the screw up turned out to be a nice design. I just wanted to share with you what I was doing today. And this is a stamp set that would work for any type of winter card needs such as a get well, thinking of you, birthday and even a sympathy card.

Thanks for the visit and for stopping in. I always love to see you look at my work and leave such lovely comments. Take care and have a good evening.

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I like all three as well. What sweet little scenes. I typically don’t have a lot of patience for sponging scenes, but this one looks doable to me. Thanks so much for sharing.

Christina said...

Hi Verna. Hope things been well. Verna, these are three beautifully made cards! I absolutely love the little scene you have created and what beautiful blending of the sky background. Everything is so soft and peaceful. A beautiful fit with the sentiment too. These cards will sure to bring much joy to the recipients this holiday. Wishing you a lovely day. Hugs.

Barbara said...

Wonderful inspiration Verna! I like the last one the best.

Brenda in IN said...

All of them are so pretty. I love the scene and the frame makes the card look so different.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Three gorgeous makes. The sponging is really beautifully done. That little scene is truly adorable and does fit with the sentiment perfectly.

laurie said...

These are beautiful Verna!I really like the one with the pop of red!

Donna Ellis said...

These are lovely, Verna! Your choices of colors in the ink sponging are fabulous, and really make the village stand out - so clean and pristine! Beautiful cards. hugs, de

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely Winter scenes!

Judy Woodland said...

You have used that stamp perfectly, and your sponged backgrounds are perfect. I love all the different ways you have used that image, just fabulous!!!!

MaryH said...

Love all 3 versions. This is a PB stamp I've been coveting, but trying to stay strong. Love the glow you've created in each version and enjoyed hearing about the wonderful save. I learn just as much (perhaps even more!) from how somebody recovers from boo-boo-s that I frequently make myself. Well done on each card. The backgrounds are lovely. TFS

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Amazing scenes you created! I especially like the first one - it glows!

Unknown said...

I went through your blog site, loved all the cards. How many years have you been doing this. I'm impressed at the number of cards, and the time it must take to make each entry into the blog. That is a lot of dedication to a craft. You do wonderful things. Do you sell them, or do you have stacks of theses great things just sitting around the craft room? Love the site, Ellen

Ina G said...

Simply gorgeous Verna. Love the little scenes you created.So very Christmasy.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...