Monday, October 30, 2017

Winter

Well the snow we had gotten before melted yesterday but as I look outside my window I see the flakes once again falling softly. And, it is cold as we only reached a high of 35 above. Yes, I know later in winter we will think that is so warm but when one is adjusting from the mid-70's to half that amount it can feel ccccoold! So since the next season fast approaching is winter I made a card depicting that season.


I used some NBUS on this card as the stamp set and ribbon had not been used before. The stamp  from Serendipity is from the Steeple Cling Set and I have no idea where the ribbon is from. I just thought it fit the theme quite well and matched the blue.

I used some Black Magic Core'dinations card stock and embossed it with a Cuttlebug folder. Then I sanded it with sand paper to pull out the blue behind the black side. This type of card stock has a hidden core and you can sand it or tear it to reveal the other color or just leave it the way it is. I die cut it with a Memory Box Cross Stitched Border die. The blue snowflakes revealed matched to some blue card stock I had from Gina K. Designs so I used that for a card base. The stamp image was inked up with Versafine Black Onyx ink and added to some of the Gina K. Designs blue card stock. All the layers were then assembled with the use of my Crafter's Companion glue tape.

I wasn't sure I would like this combination but it seems it has grown on me as I began to assemble it all together. It has a chilly look to it I think and much like winter.

I am entering this in the October Crop Stop Blog Challenge #33.

Thanks for your kind words that you leave each time you visit. I really appreciate them.

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Verna you're on a roll with winter cards! (smile) Love how you used coredinations cardstock on this -- it looks exactly like a cold winter night!
Thanks so much for linking up to Cropstop - love seeing your creativity!!

Dawn S. said...

This is beautiful and very wintery! Love the church stamp.

Brenda in IN said...

This is beautiful. I love the color combo and that church is a great stamp. I forgot about core'dinations c/s and I have some someplace.

Barbara said...

Nice day to stay in and create. Loving this unique card, it sure looks like the cold day that you described.

Kathy Krug said...

Wonderful design, Verna. The embossing folder looks great sanded and makes a perfect backdrop for the stamp. Love that you left it black and white.

Donna Ellis said...

Whoa! That’s colder than I like! It’s very VERY uncommon for us to reach the 30s before January, let alone October, but we were surprised with 39 this morning! On to your beautiful card... it’s striking! That classical black and white is elegant... and your ribbons and design are fabulous! xx

Sharon Fontenot said...

OK Verna - Now you've gone and dun it! This card is amazing! I am coveting the stamp and the embossing folder. I have to ask if that blue card stock is "blue denim". I just bought an entire pack of it yesterday at Tuesday Morning for $3.99. I have 2 Heartfelt Creation stamps that are similar, in that they have winter scenes. I think I could sort of CASE this card with the materials that I have. I love it! I love it! I love it!

Sharon Fontenot said...

Sorry to bother you again, but did you mention what ink you used to stamp the winter scene? I have reread 3 times and I'm not sure. Thanks for checking on it for me!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I used Little Boy Blue card stock by Gina K. Designs as it matched perfectly with the blue in the Core-dinations card stock. And, I stamped the wintery scene with Versafine Onyx black ink onto that Little Boy Blue card stock.

Lisa said...

Also beautiful! I have some of that cardsticj with a contrasting core and have yet to use it. I must pull it out!

Donna Phelan said...

That is cold! We are still mild here, although I am looking forward to making soups and stews once the cold sets in! Beautiful card, I have lots of that card stock, I should use it more, thanks for the inspiration! Fantastic design! It's really cool (no pun intended!)

Carol L said...

What a lovely card, with that gorgeous embossed background and vertical image panel! Love the sentiment ribbons too!

Karen Dunbrook said...

very cool card mf...such a frosty feel and beautiful.
We haven't had snow yet but there is a nip in the air...not looking forward to winter.
stay warm
xx Karen

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...