Saturday, October 14, 2017

For My Handy Man

Well I just noticed that next week is our wedding anniversary and I figured I best make a card for my hubby while he was outside puttering around. So using a Memory Box Tool Border that was in my birthday gift of die cuts I made this card for him.


I dry embossed a bluish gray panel with a Cuttlebug diamond plate embossing folder which sort of made a steel looking design. In each corner I added a screw looking brad before adding the Tool Border to the embossed panel. By the way the tools were already done up in the gray and red so that cut down on the work for me. This panel was then placed on a light brown card base. The sentiment is one I die cut using a Tonic Studios die. I also added a panel matching the color of the sentiment inside the card so that I could add my own personal message to my hubby!

I think my hubby will like this card as he is redoing an old granary over into a storage area right now and has lumber and tools handy for that project. He is putting in lots of shelves to place some of the things taking up room in his big machine shed.

I am entering this card into the Scrapy Land Challenge #75 -Anything Goes.

That's all for today. I wanted to get another Christmas card done but then I recalled I needed this special card so that of course took preference. Have a great rest of the weekend everyone. I love to have you visit me and leave comments too.

God bless,
Verna

12 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is just perfect! Those little tools are so awesome! Love the color combination too! Great job!

Brenda in IN said...

This is a perfect card for a handyman hubby. He will love it with all those tools and everyone in place.

Judy Woodland said...

How very cool, the perfect card for your husband. Oh, and happy anniversary. Here's wishing you many more happy years together.

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Beautiful card !
Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland Challenge Blog and Good Luck !
MARYVONNE , DT Member

laurie said...

I just love that die...so cute with the screw brads and embossed background. Great idea!

Macimbalo said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your card! Those tools - PERFECT!!!

MaryH said...

What fun to repurpose the old granary. Gosh you could have made it into a craft studio too! Love this perfect anniversary card, and recognized the C/Bug embossing. Never thought of using this one for tools - clever. The card is delightful, so masculine as well, and DH will be just tickled that you made one designed especially to his taste! TFS & Hugs (hope you share some pictures of the granary reno)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun hanging tools looks like my garage wall 😊

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! A lot of work went into this delightful card, Verna - all those tee-tiny pieces put together so beautifully! Your dry embossed background looks fabulous, too! wonderful card! hugs, de

Lisa said...

Verna this is awesome. I have been thinking I need some tool sets. Are those Dies. I know you said they were already done up but wasn't sure if you'd just done them ahead of time. Reading fast as I head out the door. Love this card and so will he! Happy anniversary! And thanks so much for stopping by so often. I've been scrambling at work and home because I have company coming but once they are here I'll have early mornings to blog visit more and check out what you are up to. Hugs!

Sharon Fontenot said...

These tools are wonderful. I started a layout last week for my handyman husband's working around the house pics. It got pushed aside for some deadline work that I had to do. You have reminded me that I need to put it back in the center of my craft table and finish it up.

Donna Phelan said...

Great masculine card! Love all of those tools! Happy Anniversary!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...