Saturday, October 14, 2017

Noel Wreath

Several weeks ago I bought this stamp from Sparkle N Sprinkle so yesterday late afternoon I colored in the wreath image and the birds. The name of the set is called Winter Greetings Bird & Wreath. Originally I was going to have it all on a white panel but I was not too happy with the look so I changed my design up to this one,


I fussy cut (hand cut with scissors) the images and left a white border all around the wreath and the birds which I had colored in previously with Zig Water Color Markers. I arranged the wreath onto a Gina K. Designs Grass Green card stock base. I decided I wanted a little border around the wreath so I grabbed one of the fantastic die cuts from my birthday stash and used that to create a frame. Then I finished it by popping the birds into opposite corners. I also added a piece of white card stock inside so I could stamp or write a message.

I don't know about you, but I am loving the end result. It looks so vibrant and more festive having the green card base instead of having it all done on white. Oh, and in each of the berries I took a white pen and added a little dot to make them more realistic looking. I really love that scalloped frame too which by the way is a Die-Namics one from My Favorite Things. I loved it so much I did some shopping and now have one on it's way to me for future use.

Well, it appears our Saturday is going to be a rainy one. Maybe I can get some more cards done for my Christmas supply. But first I have a sink full of dirty dishes to do. No dishwasher here but me! LOL I hope your Saturday is going well too and thanks for stopping in.

God bless,
Verna

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Verna, I love the subtle colors and shading you've achieved with your water color pencils. I have about 250 regular color pencils
the shading is done by blending lighter shades together. I think I'll
invest in some watercolor pencils, it looks like lots of fun.
I do water and acrylic painting, as well as oils, this looks like
a delightful challenge.
Well done
Ellen G

Donna Ellis said...

It's a lovely card, Verna! Your coloring is impeccable. I treasure those little birds, too - they would be so cute on just about any card! The frame is gorgeous with it! It would be the perfect card to put in the SNS Challenge! hugs, de

Macimbalo said...

Love this, those sweet birds just complete the card so nicely!

Donna Phelan said...

That is the BEST wreath I have ever seen! LOVE it!!!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...