Saturday, October 7, 2017

World Card Making Day 2017

Well, as most of you know I don't need a reason to make cards but today since it is World Card Making Day I really got busy this afternoon and did up a few Christmas cards. I won't go into great details on how I did them. And I used a lot of scraps and leftovers to create them.

First up is a card using pattern paper and die cutting it in a half circle and then making it into a tree. One has to use a pattern paper that has both sides decorated. I had some from Stampin' Up that I thought would work. This idea was from a blog post by Karen Hasheck and she also made a video. The snowflakes are from Kat's Scrappiness.com and the gems are from Eyelet Outlet. I hand cut out a star for the tree and also the snowline. The sentiment is from Gina K. Designs.


I found a foiled piece that somehow had slipped between the cracks so I finished that off into a card. It uses Emerald Watercolor Deco Foil, a Tim Holtz stencil, Deco Transfer Gel, as well as some gems and ric rac that I have had for ages. The panel was of Gina K. Designs Kraft and the card base was Gina K. Designs Christmas Pine. I also lined the card with white.


This next card uses strips of pattern paper from Stampin' Up and a sentiment and die from Gina K. Designs. It is just a simple design but I like it. I added some red rhinestones also on the sentiment die cut panel. I also added some of the pattern paper inside the red and white duplex card base.



My fourth card of the day features more Gina K. Designs dies and a sentiment.  I sponged on some red ink in the center die cut panel. I found some Cheery Lynn Designs holly leaves that I had die cut so I added them also to the design. And, the pattern paper and gems are from unknown sources. All were mounted onto a white card base.



The last card I made today is one featuring some Cheery Lynn Poinsettia dies and Holly Leaves. I had them tucked away inside a cellophane sleeve which were leftover from another year. So I used them to create a fun card design. And, the pattern paper is from an unknown source. That is the only little bit of it I had but I thought it worked great with the poinsettias of varied shades of pink and red. I added a few gems from Kat's Scrappiness.com on each poinsettia in the center. I used a Gina K. Designs sentiment again on this card.


Well, that is my parade of cards I did today. Now I have to figure out something for supper that won't give away that I spent all afternoon just making cards. I hope you have been enjoying this day as I have and that the rest of the weekend will be wonderful as well. Thanks for the visit.

God bless,
Verna

16 comments:

Macimbalo said...

Looks like you had lots of fun today! Your cards are all so beautiful!!!

Karen Hasheck said...

Love all your cards especially the first one:) Thanks for the link and shout out!

Cheryl Wright said...

They're all fabulous, Verna! I love the range of designs you have here - makes me think about making Christmas cards. (It just seems too early to do them, but I know it's not!)

Doreen said...

Wow love this gorgeous collection of cards.xxx

AlisonC said...

I've meant to try that folded paper tree, it looks so effective. I love the colours on the foiled card. This is a great set of cards and a lovely way to spend WCMD. I'm sure you figured out something for supper and I'm sure you enjoyed your afternoon having fun with paper.

Birgit said...

Looks like you got a lot accomplished on WCMD Verna! What a great way to use up your scraps too. All your cards are so lovely!!! The layered poinsettia is fab!

Judy Woodland said...

Your cards are all wonderful, so much inspiration here. You have really been busy, thanks for all the great ideas! Oh, and your foiled card is simply spectacular....you are the queen of foiling!!!

Nancy said...

Look at you go! These are fabulous! I spent the day making party favors for my son's wedding! Love the Christmas tree fold a lot! HUGS!

Vicki Dutcher said...

You had a fun day! That foiled one got me with the beautiful turquoise

MaryH said...

Oh my goodness, what a wealth of beautiful festive cards. Each one seemed prettier than the one before. I LOVE them ALL! Especially taken with #1 though...we have some napkins, bought from a sewing crafter long ago, and they fold just like this nifty tree. What a super use of bits & pieces you've done on these cards. Also enjoyed seeing the red stripes with the stitching look too! Always watch for sewing themes (in another life I used to be a quilter! Make that: I bought a lot of fabric!) Hugs & hope you had a great weekend.

Patti said...

BEAUTIFUL VERNA!! You inspire me to get busy making Christmas cards. Each one is so lovely and the amazing part is all your friends and family are getting a unique card. I normally create a design and then mass produce so they are all the same. Wonderful job!

Say! are you getting snow? it has been snowing here all day! it is even sticking too too early for my taste but it truly is beautiful! : )

(((Hugs)))
Patti

laurie said...

Wow you have been busy Verna! I love 'em all!Such FUN ideas too.

Shona Erlenborn said...

What an awesome array of cards. You really were busy today! I love all the different ideas. Thanks for the inspiration!

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful designs! LOVE that folded tree! Glad you had a FUN day!

Karen Dunbrook said...

great cards mf...looks like you are on a roll!!
xx Karen

BożenA said...

It's a real festival of very beautiful cards. They are all very beautiful.
Hugs,
BożenA

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...