Thursday, October 5, 2017

Colors of Fall

I already have my Halloween cards made but still need to make a few more for Thanksgiving so I used the colors of Fall to create a card  using a NBUS stamp set called Nurturing Blooms from Gina K. Designs. I also used a sentiment from a Gina K. Designs set called The Simple Things.


All the inks were from Gina K. Designs. Colors used were Honey Mustard, Faded Brick, Sweet Mango, Sweet Corn and a touch of Grass Green.  Once I had my panel stamped I layered it onto a piece of  Honey Mustard card stock before adding it to my white card base. The sentiment was stamped with Gina K. Designs Black Onyx ink on the bottom of the card base and on the top I added a trio of black rhinestones. The finishing touch was to add a metallic gold fiber along the left side of the card.

I am entering this in the Mod Squad Blog Challenge and the Double D Challenge.

Well, that was great fun and really worked up quite fast for a fantastic looking CAS card. I hope you like it too. Thanks for the visit and for your comments.

God bless,
Verna

16 comments:

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful Verna! LOVE the design ... just pefect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Fright Night’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Ina G said...

Simply beautiful and so colourful Verna. Love the gold tied on the side. Finishes it off nicley.

Birgit said...

Hi Verna! What a stunning card! I love the beautiful fall colors you used. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving me with words of kindness. I've enjoyed visiting your blog and just became your newest follower. I hope you'll visit me again soon!

Barbara said...

Simply stunning with all of the fall colors and love the font on the sentiment. I just used mine the other day.

Donna Phelan said...

Isn't this beautiful?!?! Your colors and the way you stamped those pretty florals and 'greenery' are so striking. I also love those pretty design! Really gorgeous colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Fright Night Challenge, Donna DT Member.

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is such a pretty autumnal card! Beautiful colors and great layout!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Verna! Lovely Thanksgiving Card in those beautifully robust Autumnal colors, and the textures within the stamps themselves are wonderful with the "border-like" detailing. It's lovely! hugs, de

Joyce Erb said...

Oh, I love this. Great colors, the gold string, it's just so perfect.

Vicki Dutcher said...

I love this card those colors together are just amazing

MaryH said...

So pretty, and even though I think this must be "CAS", I love the pop of vivid fall colors on those flower silhouettes. Nice design, crisp and clean. I'm just beginning to collect a few of the GK cube inks, and these are so pretty on your card. TFS & Happy weekend.

Judy Woodland said...

I just LOVE this card. Your elements all work perfectly together and the design is absolutely awesome. I'm pinning!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at The Mod Squad.
Judy~ Mod Squad DT and Challenge Host
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!

laurie said...

LOVE your stamped panel! The colors are gorgeous and so perfect for fall!

scrappymo! said...

This is stunning. I love the colours you chose and your pretty design!

Lisa said...

Oh wow! Another beauty! Love this... Hey.. psst... did you know she's having a sale today??

Anita in France said...

Just gorgeous, Verna ... such lovely layered silhouettes ... those rich autumnal colours are fabulous ... and the gold thread complements them beautifully! Thanks so much for your visit and kind words! Anita :)

Brenda said...

Beautiful - love the colors

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...