Monday, October 2, 2017

Vellum and Foiling

I have had this beautiful leafy Autumn Leaf Foil Mates sheet from Gina K. Designs for a long time but finally today made it into a card. I took the sheet and foiled it with Gina K. Designs Grass Green Fancy Foil and then colored in each leaf with a different fall color.  I also sponged on some light blue as well on the sheet. This made my background which was die cut with a Gina K. Designs single stitched large die and mounted onto black card stock which was fussy cut. For all those not knowing what fussy cut means, it is just using a scissors and hand cutting a border. I had a gal ask me the other day what it meant so I thought perhaps that should be explained.


Then I stamped my sentiment from the Stitched Leaves Kit with black Versafine Ink onto some white vellum which was also embedded with some little foil like dots. I got that vellum so long ago and I have no idea where it came from at all but every now and then I grab a piece of my varied colors of vellum for a card design. After I had stamped the sentiment I die cut it with one of the tag dies from the Gina K. Designs Decorative Tag Die set. Before I added the panel to Gina K. Designs Fresh Asparagus card stock I added a black and white gingham ribbon along the side. Then over this  panel I added the vellum tag by adding a touch of glue on the bigger solid sentiment areas. The last thing I added was a little black rhinestone gem to the tag.

Sorry I only have one photo that worked well in showing off the foil. And, I had to hold it with one hand and take the picture with my other hand. Not an easy task but this one came out fairly well so I used it. The foil has more of a gold look in the photo but believe me it is really green.

Another gloomy dreary day here with lots of rain last night and more to come. I do not envy the farmers who are having so much trouble trying to get their harvests in. For one thing it is so wet and lack of sun does not dry the crop down and if it is dried down it is still wet from all the rain. I guess my hubby picked a good year to quit farming and retire.

Thanks so much for your visit. I always appreciate all the wonderful comments too.

God bless,
Verna

16 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty! That sheen looks awesome

laurie said...

I think gold is hard to photograph too, but this is a great shot. It looks beautiful!Love that gingham ribbon too.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Another beauty Verna! Love that background and the vellum and gingham ribbon are just the perfect touches for it.

Rosy Newlun said...

I love your elegant card! Great idea to color in the leaves that are foiled. It's a lovely and special design! I hope you get lots of sun so that your fellow farmers can bring in dry harvest ♥

Barbara said...

You sure got a good picture of the shine on your gorgeous card. It is Gina K all of the way. From the foiled leaves to the gingham ribbon. Great job!

Judy Woodland said...

Just beautiful, I love the coloring on the leaves after foiling. This is a gorgeous design and a fabulous card!

Brenda in IN said...

Beautiful card and wonderful sparkle. I really like the tag added sideways.

Donna Phelan said...

Just saw this on Face Book. This. Is. STUNNING!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Verna! Such an elegant, gorgeous creation with that amazing foiling and beautiful coloring. I especially like the layer of vellum for the sentiment and the sweetness of the checkered ribbon to bring out a special warmth. It's beautiful! hugs, de

Unknown said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Verna. Love the colours .

SewPaperPaint said...

Such a beautiful effect! Love this! Hugs, Autumn

MaryH said...

Verna, your foiling on the leaves is exquisite! I bought some of the Gina K foil stuff, but not had a chance to use it yet (hope I can find it when I get rountoit) The colors look great against the green background. The b&w check of the ribbon is pretty and love the way you've used the vellum sentiment. It doesn't hide that lovely background! Good work all round on this one! TFS & Hugs

Sue said...

Such a beautiful autumn card, your foiling looks amazing and the vellum and ribbon are lovely touches.

Macimbalo said...

Oh my goodness, Verna, this is stunning! Love everything about it!

Ina G said...

I love your metallic cards Verna and this one is stunning. Love the sentiment on vellum on that lovely die cut.

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful. I love the fall theme and the foiling is so nice here.
I have that same vellum...the one with the small foiled specks in it. I bought mine over ten years ago and wish I had bought more!
The sentiment on the vellum diecut looks good.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...