Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Purple Christmas

Since I already had my purple papers and inks out I made this card using the Gina K. Designs Fabulous Holiday Labels stamp set and the Fabulous Labels Die set. I went with the purple again as for the Stamp TV challenge we are to make a design using the color of our birthday month and some neutral colors only. Black and white were both on the neutral list but I chose to use just white with my purple. Purple is for the month of June which is my birth month.


I enjoyed making this card and with only the purple with the white I had to figure out how to add design elements that would look great together. Having those stamps on that set really made for great choices. I decided after I had it all stamped and layered together I still wanted some bling so I took little white pearls and outlined the oval area.

Also inside the card I added some white card stock where I can stamp a message or write a little note to whomever will be on the receiving end. I also stamped a few snowflakes inside as well. This tied the outside design into the inside of the card.


This set as well as other stamp sets illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger are so neat to work with using the label dies. And, you have lots and lots of choices on how you can add stamped designs to the labels. I really am glad I bought these products.

Well, I did get the dishes done and since it was too early to make my evening meal I proceeded to make this card. It went together fairly fast too. Thanks for your visit and have a great evening.

God bless,
Verna

7 comments:

laurie said...

It's beautiful...I do love that purple! Great design.

I just bought some gorgeous purple paper yesterday from Kaisercraft at our local craft store ...the Christmas Jewel Collection. I LOVE the Gilded Snowflakes and Holiday Wishes sheets!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is awesome with the purple! I'm impressed u got it to photograph in the right color my purple never looks purple

Judy Woodland said...

Oh wow, this is just beautiful. And I'm with Vicki - I can never photograph purple without it looking blue. I love your design, how creative!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

I saw a video on this today! You certainly have highlighted this set very well Verna! Loving the purple and white combo too!

Patti J said...

Verna, I love all of your purple! I rarely think to work with purple, and I don't know why...I think it's so pretty! Beautiful card, and those snowflakes make me happy!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh this is so pretty! I am not a 'purple person'--but love this, I know many who are and they would love this too! I think your stamping is perfect, pretty snowflakes and design, loving the pearl accents too!

Carol L said...

Purple is my favorite color, so I like purple for any occasion! I love the snowflakes and all the tiny pearls too!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...