Friday, October 13, 2017

Fright Night

Once again I dived into the treasure trove of wonderful die cuts sent to me and this time I made one that will work well for Halloween. I simply punched out a small circle with a Post-It Note in the sticky area and added that to a white card base. This made a moon for my scene. Then I took the ink colors of yellow and orange first and sponged them on randomly. Then over the top of them I added some purple shades. Once I had it to my liking I then simply added the die cuts which are both from Cheery Lynn Designs.


I had to cut off part of the spooky tree in order for all to fit on the card front but I think it still looks like a great little scene. Inside I added another Cheery Lynn Designs die cut which is a Happy Halloween sentiment.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Double D Challenges-Fright Night
Scrapy Land Challenge #75-Anything Goes

Well, that does it for me today. I need to put my things away for the night and work on an evening meal. But I sure enjoyed working with these dies and I will be featuring more of them in the next few days.

Thanks for you wonderful comments too and I hope you have a great evening.

God bless,
Verna

8 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely spooky card, Verna, I love the inked background. xx

MaryH said...

I think it's a great scene too! Isn't it hard when you have to trim off a lot of a die or stamp to fit to your card size? I have a difficult time with this. Your sponged background is great, and suitably spooky. The black silhouettes look fantastic atop it, and I especially like the embossing texture on the haunted house. TFS & Happy wkend.

Darnell said...

Beautiful anniversary card and beautiful spooky card, Verna! You are so good to use those birthday NBUS dies right away, rather than putting them away and forgetting about them! I'll bet your fingers are still orange from all day doing those carrots!! Hugs, Darnell

Donna Phelan said...

Fantastic way to create that bright moon and I love your fabulous background, the colors are awesome! That haunted house and tree is AWESOME! This is a SPOOKtacular creation! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Fright Night Challenge, Donna DT Member.

Darlene said...

WOW What a fabulous background you've created for your Halloween scene! GREAT job Verna!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Fright Night’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Tee said...

Sppoktacular Halloween card!

Macimbalo said...

Oh my goodness, so spooky! this is a great halloween card!

Olenkaja said...

Perfect fun Halloween card! Thanks for joining the Scrapy Land Challenge :)

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...